Carlos Lee

Joel

I think if we traded for Ponson, Lee would be the one who would have to go. 1st he is almost the same player as Frank, Daubach, and Konerko, meaning they are all 1st base Dh types. 2nd his contract is up meaning he will probaly go to arbitration and demand about 5-7 mil a year witch IMO is a little to much for him. 3rd, the O's or even the Dodgers will be looking for a power hitter for the middle of the lineup. Well you may ask why not trade Konerko, well its because as we know Konerko has sucked most of the year and I doubt that we could get anything good for him in return.

Yes I know Lee is a favorite(one of mine 2), but to me he is or biggest tradding commidty at the big league. Something that the O's would want back

Latest reports have the O's asking for Crede, prospect in exchange for Ponson. 

Plus, they still have intentions on trying to lock him up.

Well, the O's are SOL then.

Crede isn't going to be traded for Ponson, I can tell you that right now.

Latest reports have the O's asking for Crede, prospect in exchange for Ponson. 

Plus, they still have intentions on trying to lock him up.

Well, the O's are SOL then.

Crede isn't going to be traded for Ponson, I can tell you that right now.

Exactly, the only way we trade Crede is if we get a 3rd baseman back in return.

Who are you thinking about.  I would love to have Lowell but doubt the Marlins are going to trade him.

The Marlins are a team strapped for cash, however, they've come out and said they won't move Lowell.

The Sox could get him I'm sure but it would be costly.

The Marlins are a team strapped for cash,  however, they've come out and said they won't move Lowell.

I just don't see Lowell getting traded. He is to much of a fan faverite down in South Florida. And if they trade him they might as well contract themselves because no FANs are going to come.

I just don't see Lowell getting traded.  He is to much of a fan faverite down in South Florida.  And if they trade him they might as well contract themselves because no FANs are going to come.

I don't want to come off like I have inside info or anything, but I can see him being traded. If the Sox tried to trade for him, it would take something like: Crede, Starting Pitcher, and another bat. Maybe a prospect pitcher, and a bat like Konerko or something. But, meh, we'll see what happens.

I don't want to come off like I have inside info or anything, but I can see him being traded. If the Sox tried to trade for him, it would take something like: Crede, Starting Pitcher, and another bat. Maybe a prospect pitcher, and a bat like Konerko or something. But, meh, we'll see what happens.

I would love to see it happen.

Just see it as to much of a risk for the Marlins to trade him.

The Marlins are a team strapped for cash,  however, they've come out and said they won't move Lowell.

I just don't see Lowell getting traded. He is to much of a fan faverite down in South Florida. And if they trade him they might as well contract themselves because no FANs are going to come.

There lies the contradiction in your statement...

There are already no fans going to Marlins games. Trust me, the few that do won't stop coming because they lose Mike Lowell.

Steve Rosenbloom in the Tribune today suggested the Sox trade Lee to the Dodgers for either Odalis Perez who is in trouble with LA because of his mouth or Andy Ashby because the Dodgers owe him $8 Million and might want to get out from under that. I think I'd take either for carlos. Anyone else.

Steve Rosenbloom in the Tribune today suggested the Sox trade Lee to the Dodgers for either Odalis Perez who is in trouble with LA because of his mouth or Andy Ashby because the Dodgers owe him $8 Million and might want to get out from under that. I think I'd take either for carlos. Anyone else.

Wow. If Odalis is available, I'll take it.

AM I the only one who sees how stupid of a ball player Carlos Lee is?  We need to deal this guy and get something for him now, before the rest of the league catches on.

I must be missing something about Carlos. I still think he has the talent and potential to be a .300 hitter with 25-30 homer power. He has worked hard on his fielding game and if he will start going to right with his hits then we will see some real fireworks. However, might Carlos get traded? yes, I think it is a possibility, just don't underestimate him.

I dont' read Rosenbloom's article since he's such an asshole, but anyways there is no way in hell I want Perez this year.

He's struggling coming off an injury, i'd rather have Ponson at a cheaper price.

I still want Mark Redman though. :headbang

Even though it won't happen.

CWSOX45

There lies the contradiction in your statement...

There are already no fans going to Marlins games. Trust me, the few that do won't stop coming because they lose Mike Lowell.

You make a good point there.

I must be missing something about Carlos. I still think he has the talent and potential to be a .300 hitter with 25-30 homer power. He has worked hard on his fielding game and if he will start going to right with his hits then we will see some real fireworks. However, might Carlos get traded? yes, I think it is a possibility, just don't underestimate him.

Noone ever said he doesnt have talent. Hes just dumb as a rock.

Hey Crede is becoming a fan favorite in Chicago. He's got Crede's Crew now. Imagine if he actually hit like he did last season. Ohh mama

Hey Crede is becoming a fan favorite in Chicago. He's got Crede's Crew now. Imagine if he actually hit like he did last season. Ohh mama

I don't think Crede is going anywhere unless we get a hell of a package in return.......I'm still waiting for that "mind blowing" deal.

CWSOX45