4/29 - SOX @ MIN, 7:10 CT, WCIU

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:04 PM)
That's interesting, as you look at the guys we've hit well lately, and we did it on the fastball....Niemann, E. Jackson, Ohlendorf

Daniel Cabrera, Justin Verlander, Jeremy Guthrie. Hard throwing righties don't do so well against us, because of our one-dimensional approach. Look fastball, See fastball, Hit fastball.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
Daniel Cabrera, Justin Verlander, Jeremy Guthrie. Hard throwing righties don't do so well against us, because of our one-dimensional approach. Look fastball, See fastball, Hit fastball.

cabreras not the best example seeing as how he pitched like 7 innings of 1 run ball yesterday, even though if we had any 2 out hitting we woulda rocked him

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:13 AM)
Situational hitting. We could use some.

We just need more hits. Walks is great and all, but unless you have Quentin getting HBP with the bases loaded, you need to be able to drive runs in. I would bet we lead the league in fewest amounts of hits that scored runs in the past 3 seasons that weren't homers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
We just need more hits. Walks is great and all, but unless you have Quentin getting HBP with the bases loaded, you need to be able to drive runs in. I would bet we lead the league in fewest amounts of hits that scored runs in the past 3 seasons that weren't homers.

I think we've been hitting pretty well, but just not at the right time. We're getting lead-off men on, whether with singles or with walks, but we can't do anythign after that. I don't remember the last time we hit a double.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
I think we've been hitting pretty well, but just not at the right time. We're getting lead-off men on, whether with singles or with walks, but we can't do anythign after that. I don't remember the last time we hit a double.

We're near the bottom of the league in Avg. We're not hitting particularly well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)

actually we probably have the fewest hits per earned run of any team in the last 2-3 years, someone should check that out of its possible lol

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:15 AM)

Couldn't agree more about the doubles comment.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
It would have been close. You go for the out there. If you don't make the play, a sacrifice fly scores a run instead of ending the inning.

The ball was in front of the runner. If Cabrera squares his shoulders when fielding that ball, he's got Punto.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
We're near the bottom of the league in Avg. We're not hitting particularly well.

But we are getting timely hitting in April for the most part. It worries me because you can't always count on timely hitting to win games. I'd much rather have the average around .270 than .245 with timely hitting. Obviously wins are the most important stat so however that happens is ok by me, but it'd be better getting more hits.