4/29 - SOX @ MIN, 7:10 CT, WCIU

knightni

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)
So Bonser pitches over his head, the ump squeezes Floyd, we get bad bounces, and barely miss tying the game by 6 in. I hate this s***.

dont forget the run that we gave the twins in the 4th

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
i hope i'm wrong, but this is seems like a .500 team.

Because of this game? You obviously havent been watching all season. They are barely out of this and their guy had to pitch out of his mind with a huge strike zone.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
Please describe in fuller detail. Was it worse than Erstad versus Zumaya last year in Detroit?

Pitch 1: Fastball, outside corner. Attempted bunt, fouled way over to the right side.

Pitch 2: Outside fastball. Long, loopy swing and a miss.

Pitch 3: Hanging curveball, outside corner. Apparently he was taking all the way?

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:28 AM)
Please describe in fuller detail. Was it worse than Erstad versus Zumaya last year in Detroit?

Yes. He swung at an 0-1 pitch that was a foot off the plate, and then literally went into take mode on a fastball down the plate. He didn't make any movement on the 0-2 pitch.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
I didn't like the trade either but if we didn't have OC, who would be playing 2nd base right now, Pablo? I wouldn't mind that but I know a lot on the site would mind.

potentially either a player we got back...or even brian roberts after we used some prospects that we acquired for garland to get roberts

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Jerry Owens never has.

Jerry Owens would solve a problem this team has, which is we have no leadoff hitter. Swisher is not a leadoff hitter, and it is showing by how he has been struggling at the plate. he is trying to do to much. I don't care what anyone says, you need a leadoff guy with speed who can beat out infield hits, and put pressure on the other team with his threat of stealing a base. Thome looks like nothing but a part time player to me anymore. His swing is slow, and he looks to do one thing and one thing only and that's to launch.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
Pitch 1: Fastball, outside corner. Attempted bunt, fouled way over to the right side.

Pitch 2: Outside fastball. Long, loopy swing and a miss.

Pitch 3: Hanging curveball, outside corner. Apparently he was taking all the way?

It was a curveball that didnt break. He saw curve out of his hand and it hung up.

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
Jerry Owens would solve a problem this team has, which is we have no leadoff hitter. Swisher is not a leadoff hitter, and it is showing by how he has been struggling at the plate. he is trying to do to much. I don't care what anyone says, you need a leadoff guy with speed who can beat out infield hits, and put pressure on the other team with his threat of stealing a base. Thome looks like nothing but a part time player to me anymore. His swing is slow, and he looks to do one thing and one thing only and that's to launch.

How do you know that? He could be a sweet track star that never gets on base.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)
i hope i'm wrong, but this is seems like a .500 team.

yep....a .500 team is exactly what i think this team is

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:28 AM)
the losing streak might start tonight. i'd say we could easily get swept this series and possibly lose a 4th or 5th dropping us a game or two below .500

sad. ozzie needs to do something, make a change for the sake of making a change if anything. just do something different. because this is 2007 all over again. the ENTIRE LINEUP (sans Quentin, and Crede) IS SLUMPING AT THE SAME TIME.

COINCEDENCE? Unlikely.

We had won 3 of 4 coming in....I'm all for doom and gloom, but just calm down a little.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
the losing streak might start tonight. i'd say we could easily get swept this series and possibly lose a 4th or 5th dropping us a game or two below .500

sad. ozzie needs to do something, make a change for the sake of making a change if anything. just do something different. because this is 2007 all over again. the ENTIRE LINEUP (sans Quentin, and Crede) IS SLUMPING AT THE SAME TIME.

COINCEDENCE? Unlikely.

Ozzie has his hands tide, with this team. He has no lead off man , no number 2 guy and 3, 4 hitters with good (past OPS) ..well lets just say Thome. I've said from the start , we got the wrong Colombian at SS.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
potentially either a player we got back...or even brian roberts after we used some prospects that we acquired for garland to get roberts

I would've prefered to keep Garland and get rid of Contreras if at all possible.

I forgot Ramirez can play 2nd too, so him and Pablo could've worked at 2nd.

i see this as improvement over last year....the first 7 innings of this game looked exactly like last year...decent outing from the SP, terrible offense...only difference is our bullpen held em...last year this thing woulda been 3-1 after 6, and 8-1 after 8

Having a s***ty leadoff hitter does not solve any problems

Ozzie Guillen said all he wants is his leadoff man to get on base.