Masset (0-0) vs. Blackburn (1-1)- 12:10 CDT, CSN

TitoMB345

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
haven't seen this before, crede not being able to lay off curveballs in the dirt? say it ain't so.

edit: they were sliders, but breaking pitches none the less.

He's been very "unclutch" since the Joba hit.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
I posted this in the blog thread.

I also think Quintin should be batting second right now or even lead-off. With Cabrera hitting 9th.

Come on Joe.

I have no problem with Swisher leading off as the team is now, I think CQ in 2 is the way to go as well.

Swisher has scored 19 runs and walked 22 times. He isn't hitting for average or SLG, but he is contributing

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
I just worry Swisher is too worried about getting on base, he is a good power and contact hitter also.

In the leadoff spot he is, ideally is what we just saw in this game. He came up with a guy on 2nd and he drove him in later in the game, but was on base for Thome earlier

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 12:31 PM)
Not to s*** on yours, but this guy is a grade A talent that has been hurt. He was supposed hit like crazy when he came up. Take a gander at his minor league numbers. And Walk has stated time and time again, he doesnt touch young hitters because they "got here with their swing". Hence why he didnt work with Anderson for the longest time.

I just don't know Why you are b****ing about something that has not even happened.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
He's been very "unclutch" since the Joba hit.

The clutch thing is kind of funny to me in that a hit there to drive in a run is just as good as doing it in 8th or 9th, just a bit more demoralizing to the opponent. That is where I think the Hawk "tell me whne you do it" line is dumb. Runs early in the game can change the opponents way of thinking. 100 total RBI spaced evenly through a game are better then only having 35 and all of them coming in the 7th through 9th inning.

Dropped third strike and Lamb is safe........ugh. The Twins will score here in typical "twin" fashion.