Masset (0-0) vs. Blackburn (1-1)- 12:10 CDT, CSN

TitoMB345

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:22 AM)
I would rather have Lucy up and not hitting than Hall up and not hitting. At least Lucy can throw a runner out and play good D behind the plate.

Tangentially... Lucy is 2-for-2 so far today in Charlotte, including a bunt single. When was the last time we saw a Sox hitter get one of those?

So, apparently the Twins don't televise all of their games. So, even though I pay for MLB ExtraInnings, today's game will be blacked out here in Minnesota. Instead FSN North will be showing infomercials and reruns of 'Best Damn Sports Show Period'

Lovely.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
Tangentially... Lucy is 2-for-2 so far today in Charlotte, including a bunt single. When was the last time we saw a Sox hitter get one of those?

Owens will be coming up soon is my feeling.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:43 AM)
Heh. He just hit a HR. He's hitting well over .300 as well.

You think they will send down Lexi?

Lexi would be the best guy to send down, but my guess is Ozzie sends down Brian as his moves are usually a position for a position move. Lexi will then go down when Richar comes off the DL.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
Lexi would be the best guy to send down, but my guess is Ozzie sends down Brian as his moves are usually a position for a position move. Lexi will then go down when Richar comes off the DL.

The way Ozzie has been using Lexi most of the time, Owens for him IS a position for position move. I think that's what will happen. Look at the fact that BA has been playing a bunch lately.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
With the day off tomorrow, I don't get why AJ isn't playing. Considering our offensive struggles and PK being out, you need everyone you can get in the lineup.

Ozzie is resting people for the long October offseason of scratch golf.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
With the day off tomorrow, I don't get why AJ isn't playing. Considering our offensive struggles and PK being out, you need everyone you can get in the lineup.

day game after night game, that's prototypically when you sit your starting catcher.

But in this case, with the day off after, plus AJ knowing how to play in that stadium, and with Konerko out... I agree, unconventional thinking was needed here.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:47 PM)
day game after night game, that's prototypically when you sit your starting catcher.

But in this case, with the day off after, plus AJ knowing how to play in that stadium, and with Konerko out... I agree, unconventional thinking was needed here.

Twins are going with the same lineup from yesterday.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
Tough out for Cabrera there - he's finally starting to look like he's getting it at the plate. Hopefully he gets hot.

What happened? With a lot of us working today, we'd appreciate detailed info when possible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:10 AM)
What happened? With a lot of us working today, we'd appreciate detailed info when possible.

Hit a hard liner down the left field line but Young tracked it down nicely.