Masset (0-0) vs. Blackburn (1-1)- 12:10 CDT, CSN

TitoMB345

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
And has put guys on in all of his 3 appearances.

He gave up 2 bunts. One for an out, the other was a damn good bunt. Seriously, Wassermann isn't the problem.

QUOTE (chisoxfan79 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:50 PM)
ANOTHER 10 mEN LOB

THAT is the problem.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
That AB by Swisher was horrible. I think it's time to get him out of leadoff and hit 2nd or 6th. Trade Dye and let Owens lead off. I hate losing winnable games.

Swisher scored a run after walking then drove a run in with a single later in the game. I'll give you he isn't hitting a lick for AVG. or SLG. but he is getting on base. Swisher hitting leadoff is not the problem

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
Everyone who thinks this team is in a slump is not being realistic. This team hasn't hit for a couple of seasons now, slumps don't last that long. I think it's time to realize that the players we have on offense just aren't very good. They are old and slow and I think this year is gonna be just like last year in terms of hitting. We will be better in the starting pitching and bullpen, but hitting wise, this is the team we are stuck with.

Considering half the lineup is new to this team, how can you say they havent hit for seasons now?

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
Then we should bench him. He's worthless.

If you want to talk about how Dye's performance has declined, fine, fair enough, if you want to talk about how terrible he is in RF, that's also fine, but if I had to guess I would say the number of "worthless" major leaguers who hit .300, slug close to .500, and have an OPS that's usually comfortably over .800 and flirts with .900 at times is pretty low.

Dye is slumping right now and he is getting awful at-bats, but let's have some objectivity here.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
Considering half the lineup is new to this team, how can you say they havent hit for seasons now?

exactly. Maybe I'm watching it with a filter, but a lot has to do with the approach. The lift and pull method doesn't allow for dinkers or oppo hits to drop in, it gives Ks or homers

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
If you want to talk about how Dye's performance has declined, fine, fair enough, if you want to talk about how terrible he is in RF, that's also fine, but if I had to guess I would say the number of "worthless" major leaguers who hit .300, slug close to .500, and have an OPS that's usually comfortably over .800 and flirts with .900 at times is pretty low.

Dye is slumping right now and he is getting awful at-bats, but let's have some objectivity here.

Good luck finding that in the next 48 hours on this board.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
exactly. Maybe I'm watching it with a filter, but a lot has to do with the approach. The lift and pull method doesn't allow for dinkers or oppo hits to drop in, it gives Ks or homers

They've gotten lazy in the last week or so, im hoping some time off will help them adjust. Its not like we were getting blown out here, we lost 2 very close games with our 5th and a swing man starting for us.

We had 9 hits and 3 walks. It's frustrating when you leave runners on, but if we get a hit everytime there are runners on then I'm pretty sure our offense would be unparalleled in the history and future of the game, and it wouldn't even be worth playing games anymore. That goes for all teams, at all levels. Everyone does it (LOB's), and I think fans of teams who get shut out often(which has happened once, maybe twice to us this year) have more of a right to complain. At least we put runners on base...

Carlos jacked another, Uribe is drifting closer to the Mendoza line, BA got 3 hits, and Swisher walked twice. Worse games have been played, dear Chicken Little's, and worse will be played...

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)
We had 9 hits and 3 walks. It's frustrating when you leave runners on, but if we get a hit everytime there are runners on then I'm pretty sure our offense would be unparalleled in the history and future of the game, and it wouldn't even be worth playing games anymore. That goes for all teams, at all levels. Everyone does it (LOB's), and I think fans of teams who get shut out often(which has happened once, maybe twice to us this year) have more of a right to complain. At least we put runners on base...

Carlos jacked another, Uribe is drifting closer to the Mendoza line, BA got 3 hits, and Swisher walked twice. Worse games have been played, dear Chicken Little's, and worse will be played...

God damn what a great post.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)

The starting pitching has kept me going. They really have thrown some nice outings out there, especially with Floyd and Danks looking good against different teams. Masset has thrown well this year too.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
The starting pitching has kept me going. They really have thrown some nice outings out there, especially with Floyd and Danks looking good against different teams. Masset has thrown well this year too.

Heck, the bullpen has done well too. Not perfect of course, but way, way better than 2007.

Its the offense that is the issue. Which is funny because, going into the season, I would have thought we'd be the opposite - good hitting, iffy pitching.

Yet they lost. I would rather see them lose by 10 runs then lose the way they did today.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
They've gotten lazy in the last week or so, im hoping some time off will help them adjust. Its not like we were getting blown out here, we lost 2 very close games with our 5th and a swing man starting for us.

We just had last Friday off. I don't think time off is gonna help.

Edited by frankie5angels

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
We just had Monday off, and last Friday. I don't think time off is gonna help.

Monday off? You mean the 6 hour game? Ummm, I guess that counts. Usually days off mean you dont play extremely long and freezing cold games. And last friday was off because they had a day/night doubleheader the next day negating any rest they may have had, they were still at the park on friday and spent extra time on saturday.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
Monday off? You mean the 6 hour game? Ummm, I guess that counts. Usually days off mean you dont play extremely long and freezing cold games. And last friday was off because they had a day/night doubleheader the next day negating any rest they may have had, they were still at the park on friday and spent extra time on saturday.

My bad.

Worse games have been played, dear Chicken Little's, and worse will be played...

This team is going nowhere if it has the kind of home record it has and goes on the road and drops series to the likes of the Twins. At some point this team needs to start doing something if it hopes to squeak into the playoffs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
This team is going nowhere if it has the kind of home record it has and goes on the road and drops series to the likes of the Twins. At some point this team needs to start doing something if it hopes to squeak into the playoffs.

Yeah you're right, at "some point" they should start doing something. Like spending the month in first place. Oh wait...