5/2 - SOX @ TOR, 6:07 CT, CSN

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, how'd I become the thread starter? Guess this is my first game thread! I can't get into Canada because I got a DWI 3 years ago and there's a 5 year grace period apparently. Anyhow, big game tonight. Let's snap these losing streak and start off May the right way- with a White Sox Winner!

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 2, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
Woah, how'd I become the thread starter? Guess this is my first game thread! I can't get into Canada because I got a DWI 3 years ago and there's a 5 year grace period apparently. Anyhow, big game tonight. Let's snap these losing streak and start off May the right way- with a White Sox Winner!

Hey...no questioning on how you became the thread starter....You're it man. Now cowboy the f*** up and get us a W!!!!!!!

:gosox3:

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 2, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
Tonight's lineup

1. Swish, 1B

2. OC, SS

3. Thome, DH

4. Dye, RF

5. AJ, C

6. Q, LF

7. Crede, 3B

8. BA, CF

9. Uribe, SS

Which means PK is still hurting. Which means we have a 2 man bench - Ozuna and Hall. Yikes.

Can Ozuna play every position on the field but C?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
Which means PK is still hurting. Which means we have a 2 man bench - Ozuna and Hall. Yikes.

Can Ozuna play every position on the field but C?

He might have to. I only really like him at 2b though.......

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 2, 2008 -> 01:17 PM)
Tonight's lineup

1. Swish, 1B

2. OC, SS

3. Thome, DH

4. Dye, RF

5. AJ, C

6. Q, LF

7. Crede, 3B

8. BA, CF

9. Uribe, SS

AND, we got no 2B!!! How the hell did Ozzie miss that?!?!

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 2, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
Can someone give us a brief scouting report on Russell

from baseball america...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/pros...res/265457.html

9. Adam Russell, rhp Born: April 14, 1983. • B-T: R-R. • Ht.: 6-8. • Wt.: 250.

Drafted: Ohio, 2004 (6th round). • Signed by: Nathan Durst/Larry Grefer.

$PLAYER_NAME$Background: Russell had a breakout season in 2006 and opened eyes in camp last spring, when his 95 mph fastball and sharp curveball made him a favorite of scouts in Arizona. But he seemed to have a letdown when he wound up back in Double-A, opening 2007 in the rotation and ending it in the bullpen.

Strengths: Russell throws a 91-94 mph fastball from a variety of arm slots, emulating Jose Contreras after a suggestion in mid-2006 from Winston-Salem pitching coach J.R. Perdew. Russell's curveball is a plus pitch at times. He's as subtle as a lumberjack, using his build to gain some intimidation and durability.

Weaknesses: Russell's secondary pitches lag behind his fastball. Hitters don't chase his curveball out of the strike zone and his changeup isn't effective. He can get out of whack mechanically in a hurry and has a hard time getting himself back on track. The Sox would like him to work faster as he can think too much on the mound.

The Future: While Russell has pitched primarily as a starter in the minors, relieving appears his most likely path to the big leagues. He pitched well in that role in the Arizona Fall League and will compete for a big league job in spring training. He also could benefit from spending at least half a year in Triple-A.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 2, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
Anderson with another start, he needs to keep it up.

even with our solid start so far, if anderson keeps it up i really hope kenny looks to deal dye if he can get a decent package of young players later on at the deadline

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
Marcum's got a pretty wicked cutter he throws inside on righties. If our guys aren't aggressive with 2 strikes, we'll see a ton of called 3rd strikes.

yeah i havent seen a whole lot of marcum but this offseason some scouts said he may have better stuff than burnett and halladay.... could be a long night...but just watch this is exactly the type of guy we will crush

2ND worst uniforms EVER. Houston Astro gay pride unis by far the worst.

Take that back...3rd worst. Sox shorts/collared THE WORST.

Edited by Wanne