5/2 - SOX @ TOR, 6:07 CT, CSN

Marcum = Maddux according to Hawk.

7ks through 4, 7 out of 12 outs were not put in play.

edit: 8ks I missed on. f***ing s***ty offense we have out there.

Edited by southsideirish71

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 2, 2008 -> 11:56 PM)
when the cusb put up that 6 spot on suppan the other day...i was thinkin...when was the last time we strung even 3 hits in a row together? let alone like 2 doubles a single and a HR

The worst thing is some people actually think we have a better offense than the Cubs.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2008 -> 11:57 PM)
Marcum = Maddux according to Hawk.

7ks through 4, 7 out of 12 outs were not put in play.

This is the worst performance through 4 innings by Sox hitters I've witnessed in my 28 years of living.

Wow this is pretty pathetic. He's gonna break the damn strike out record at this pace. I actually wish I had more work to do, so I wouldnt have to watch this...

QUOTE (Cali @ May 2, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
Wow this is pretty pathetic. He's gonna break the damn strike out record at this pace. I actually wish I had more work to do, so I wouldnt have to watch this...

hey if he does get 20 stirkeouts...he can always close for the cubs in 10 years after has done absolutely nothing to earn it

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 3, 2008 -> 12:59 AM)
I really wish we had Brain Roberts right now.

I'm happy we don't....considering the price he'd cost, it's not worth it with this team. We had our chance to get some talented prospects to use in a trade when we unloaded Garland, but we got the one year rental instead. I'd rather keep Fields then trade him for Roberts.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Yet Hawk makes it sound like it was a horrible play due to overthrowing the cut-off man.

The ball sailed a bit on the throw, but it was good and strong. With our rotten offense you cant blame Brian from taking the shot. The only problem is that the trailer advanced on the throw.

I'm happy we don't....considering the price he'd cost, it's not worth it with this team. We had our chance to get some talented prospects to use in a trade when we unloaded Garland, but we got the one year rental instead. I'd rather keep Fields then trade him for Roberts.

LOL, not worth it? With Roberts, we would have:

1. An actually good leadoff hitter/base stealer.

2. A way to put Swisher in a place in the lineup where he actually belongs and can be effective.

3. A Way to get Uribe OUT.

You can't tell me that's "not worth it with this team." "This team" is plenty capable of being dominant. Approaching it with the logic of not "wasting" anything for another player is really just bad, IMO. What happens if the offense gets hot, or just some of it? That's the problem around here and with fans in general. If someone is hitting, they are awesome. If not, they're terrible, and if an entire offense is struggling even though they are capable of very much, a new acquisition "isn't worth it." That's just a poor rationale. Then from the look of the lineup before the season, that would make Swisher or any other hitter we could have acquired "not worth it."

Edited by TheBigHurt