5/2 - SOX @ TOR, 6:07 CT, CSN

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 3, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
LOL, not worth it? With Roberts, we would have:

1. An actually good leadoff hitter/base stealer.

2. A way to put Swisher in a place in the lineup where he actually belongs and can be effective.

3. A Way to get Uribe OUT.

You can't tell me that's "not worth it with this team." "This team" is plenty capable of being dominant. Approaching it with the logic of not "wasting" anything for another player is really just bad, IMO. What happens if the offense gets hot, or just some of it? That's the problem around here and with fans in general. If someone is hitting, they are awesome. If not, they're terrible, and if an entire offense is struggling even though they are capable of very much, a new acquisition "isn't worth it."

And when Crede wants 13 mil a season for 4 years after 2008 is over, what are the Sox going to do about 3rd base?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
And when Crede wants 13 mil a season for 4 years after 2008 is over, what are the Sox going to do about 3rd base?

were gonna have the greatest IF ever....ozuna 3b ramirez SS uribe 2b

Fields I suppose. We have a 3rd Baseman waiting who has proven himself. That's not the case for a leadoff spot. Besides, I doubt Roberts costs nearly that much. I could be wrong, though.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 3, 2008 -> 12:09 AM)
Fields I suppose. We have a 3rd Baseman waiting who has proven himself. That's not the case for a leadoff spot. Besides, I doubt Roberts costs nearly that much. I could be wrong, though.

Ha, Roberts would cost you Fields and Poreda, if not more.

ive retained hope so far...but this is starting to feel an awful lot like 2007.....ill know for sure if its 2-1 after 7 and if the bullpen makes it 7-1 going into the ninth