White Sox @ Blue Jays 12:07pm CSN-HD

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ May 3, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
I mentioned that a week or so ago and was jumped on how we cant trade guys with such good OPS and on their past accomplishments. I suggested, trade one at at ime and when one goes, be it Thome or Konerko.. bring up Fields and have play 1st or DH.

That is what I would do. Get Fields up and ready and slowly turn to getting the next player moved. I'd be keying in on a stud SS prospect, a stud young outfielder, and a stud pitching prospect (who you could pencil behind Floyd/Danks). Oh, I would still have interest working something with the Dodgers involving Billingsley (he's not had that great of a start to the season).

If you don't get a SS, move Thome/Konerko and than Contreras in the off-season (or at the deadline if the club is out of it) and make a massive push at Furcal to jump into the offense (cause this team can still compete next year, hell I think even with moving Paulie/Thome, you can compete this year, but you'd have to be able to get enough teams to help you out and be willing to trade relatively early in the season which is a bit tough).

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quentin is so freaking good. His development is another reason why I wouldn't mind moving both guys (pushing Quentin up in the order and getting him more and more ready to be a franchise type player) while you get Fields up here to start playing (he showed he's ready, he is still raw and has holes, but he can be a solid big leaguer).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
That is what I would do. Get Fields up and ready and slowly turn to getting the next player moved. I'd be keying in on a stud SS prospect, a stud young outfielder, and a stud pitching prospect (who you could pencil behind Floyd/Danks). Oh, I would still have interest working something with the Dodgers involving Billingsley (he's not had that great of a start to the season).

If you don't get a SS, move Thome/Konerko and than Contreras in the off-season (or at the deadline if the club is out of it) and make a massive push at Furcal to jump into the offense (cause this team can still compete next year, hell I think even with moving Paulie/Thome, you can compete this year, but you'd have to be able to get enough teams to help you out and be willing to trade relatively early in the season which is a bit tough).

I would think its going to be extremely hard to get the talent you want for a bunch of old players.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
I mentioned that a week or so ago and was jumped on how we cant trade guys with such good OPS and on their past accomplishments. I suggested, trade one at at ime and when one goes, be it Thome or Konerko.. bring up Fields and have play 1st or DH.

You honestly feel that Fields is a superior option to Thome or Konerko? Honestly?

Thats why I hope the Red Sox are behind someone when the deadline approaches but fairly close. They can use a guy like Thome in desperation and might give us something.

The only thing that Thome has going for him right now is that he is a left handed bat. Otherwise Fields could strike out in this lineup just as good as JT. Not to mention he is about 12 years younger in doing it.

Edited by the People's Champ

You still like Furcal, jas? I say that to the point that you'd want the Sox to sign him this off-season? Wouldn't that take 3-5 years and $15 mil a year?

QUOTE (Molto @ May 3, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
You still like Furcal, jas? I say that to the point that you'd want the Sox to sign him this off-season? Wouldn't that take 3-5 years and $15 mil a year?

Probably and it is a lot but with no prospects it may be the best choice.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
Solo Homers FTW

Only FOUR more to go!

I can't take this. I'm attempting to get into Canada tomorrow. Contreras needs me! If the Mounties won't let me in, at least I can catch Fields and Owens in Buffalo hopefully.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 3, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Probably and it is a lot but with no prospects it may be the best choice.

I agree, but I worry about him after he signs another big contract. At this point though, anything but OC in 2009.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Only FOUR more to go!

I can't take this. I'm attempting to get into Canada tomorrow. Contreras needs me! If the Mounties won't let me in, at least I can catch Fields and Owens in Buffalo hopefully.

LOL, good luck bud.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Swisher's slugging is .330. Ryan Sweeney could do that.

I'm still feeling he'd be much better hitting around 6th or somewhere where he can be free to take the swings he wants to.