Now hitting .343 and 6/6 stolen bases [in 35 ABs]

don't want to draw any conclusions but so many things just keep pointing to the problem being Sox mgmt.--health, performance, attitude, execution, etc.

Oh and Rowand (that's gold glove, all-star Rowand) is batting .330 for what it's worth.....

thanksgiving turkeys. many many many. gooble gooble. karma. you taketh on thanksgiving, and you pay the piper. I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. I STATED THIS CLEARLY AFTER THE TRADE. get used to watching guys with tight panties not really give a damn or have the stones to turn things around. goodness gracious how ron kittle and greg luzinski would find spots on this current team EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE 5 million year old fossils. nancy start the organ....

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 4, 2008 -> 05:28 PM)
don't want to draw any conclusions but so many things just keep pointing to the problem being Sox mgmt.--health, performance, attitude, execution, etc.

Why are Pods' constant battles with groin injuries a Sox management problem?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Edited by scenario

NOTE: The "in 35 ABs" was added to the thread title by myself in order to put the title's statistics in perspective.

hey Kalapse....just to avert a major uproar over the magnitude of the title's true brilliancy....i want to clearly point out that Rudy Law just called and told me that the actual statistics belong to scott podsednik and not the title.

This is the same Scott Podsednik that most of Soxtalk wanted to give a blindfold and a cigarette to, right? There haven't been, like, any new Scott Podsednik's created and put into the world of professional baseball, right?

Just checking ahead of time

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 4, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
This is the same Scott Podsednik that most of Soxtalk wanted to give a blindfold and a cigarette to, right? There haven't been, like, any new Scott Podsednik's created and put into the world of professional baseball, right?

LOL. Outstanding.

:lolhitting :lolhitting

i love you

Wrong Wrong WRONG!

No one wanted to waste a cigarette and blindfold . . . :lolhitting

Shall we also look at C-Lee's stats ;)

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ May 9, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)
But he recently helped beat the Cubs and also sleeps with Lisa Durgan.

You know, when you look at the guy's wife, it's no damn wonder he spent so much time on the DL with all those groin injuries. It's TOTALLY understandable.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2008 -> 01:37 AM)
I know what day it is. The point of that post was to point out that no matter what anybody has to say about Pods, he hit the biggest HR in White Sox history. For that, he'll always have a special place in White Sox lore.

You could argue it was the 3rd biggest home run of that series. Without Paulie's grand slam, we never even have the chance to have a lead, blow it, and get the game to Pods. Then, of course, Blum's home run was the reason that series only lasted 4 games instead of us perhaps losing that game and having a drawn out series.

As for Pods, he could steal 100 bases this year and he's still not 1/3 the player Carlos Quentin is. So thanks for 2005, and enjoy Colorado.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Paul's slam was definitely more dramatic. But the bottlomline is it was Podsednik's HR that actually won the game. And from my point of view, that's when the series ended. There was no doubt the Sox were gonna win after that game. So Blum's HR, IMO, wasn't as big. And atleast you give Pods his due for 2005. Many here don't. Which makes me appreciate what he meant to us that year that much more.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2008 -> 01:59 AM)
Paul's slam was definitely more dramatic. But the bottlomline is it was Podsednik's HR that actually won the game. And from my point of view, that's when the series ended. There was no doubt the Sox were gonna win after that game. So Blum's HR, IMO, wasn't as big. And atleast you give Pods his due for 2005. Many here don't. Which makes me appreciate what he meant to us that year that much more.

Podsednik's a s***ty player, but I thank him dearly for his contributions to the team in 2005. Anyone that says they don't doesn't remember 2005 well enough or Pods pissed in their Cheerios.

I still thought it was a triple off of his bat, so when that ball cleared the fence, I freaked the f*** out.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 10, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
Podsednik's a s***ty player, but I thank him dearly for his contributions to the team in 2005. Anyone that says they don't doesn't remember 2005 well enough or Pods pissed in their Cheerios.

I still thought it was a triple off of his bat, so when that ball cleared the fence, I freaked the f*** out.

I feel the same about Juan Uribe. He blows hard, but he was lights-out at SS down the stretch and I'm not sure if we win without him.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 10, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
I feel the same about Juan Uribe. He blows hard, but he was lights-out at SS down the stretch and I'm not sure if we win without him.

I have trouble finding a way the Sox win if they take out any player from that team. It is seriously damn near impossible. That team was the definition of team baseball.