White Sox Clubhouse and Sex Dolls

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
I'll give you that.

This is starting to sound like an Office skit. Everyone sitting around the office, brainstorming ways to sell more. Ideas? Anyone? Well if we were big league baseball players we could bring in a latex doll and stick bats up her butt!

It would cretainly give clients something to talk about while they wait.

And I thought I should toss this in.

If this was at some party, away from work, I would think it was really stupid, and wish they had not done it, but would cut them all the slack. Bringing it to work, where they knew reporters would be around, is inexcusable, and (I thought) indefensible.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
And I thought I should toss this in.

If this was at some party, away from work, I would think it was really stupid, and wish they had not done it, but would cut them all the slack. Bringing it to work, where they knew reporters would be around, is inexcusable, and (I thought) indefensible.

Me too.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Well you guys are definitely in the minorty....at least according to sports reporters, as well as callers...men and women, I have heard on the radio.

Oh there is no question they are in the huge minority, but they are allowed to their opinion, especially since they are raising fair points.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Well you guys are definitely in the minorty....at least according to sports reporters, as well as callers...men and women, I have heard on the radio.

I'd rather be on this side, then defending the need to simulate perverted sex acts in a sport that has a declining fan base, especially among children. If that's the image that the majority of Sox fans support, it's really sad.

I hope they recreate it for Bring Your Daughter To Work Day!

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
I'd rather be on this side, then defending the need to simulate perverted sex acts in a sport that has a declining fan base, especially among children. If that's the image that the majority of Sox fans support, it's really sad.

Nobody here has said that is the image Sox fans want or support. You take things to such extremes.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)

Declining fan base? Baseball is on pace to set an attendace record this year for the 5th straight time, after having an all time record for spring training attendance this March. This all despite a recession in the American economy right now.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Nobody here has said that is the image Sox fans want or support. You take things to such extremes.

The players are depicting the sodomizing of a woman with a baseball bat. The majority of Sox fans defend that.

Fair enough?

Since it is an unfortunate reality that reporters are allowed in the locker rooms... and having read the arguments here... I am going to have to agree with Tex, in that the team really f***ed up here leaving that out in view. If they want to do that palling around by themselves, then stick it in a closet before the press arrives, I think that's fine. But the idiots that run MLB have decided that the locker room is an OK place for non-players/coaches to hang out, so, it should probably be treated like the dugout, for that time period.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
Declining fan base? Baseball is on pace to set an attendace record this year for the 5th straight time, after having an all time record for spring training attendance this March. This all despite a recession in the American economy right now.

OK. I guess sodomy with latex dolls is in :headbang

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)

You can sodomize a doll, something of which isn't a living thing? As I've said, I personally wouldn't do something like this, but your just going way over the top with your literal look at something that involves an inflatable doll. I don't think anybody was promoting sodomy here, they were trying to do something stupid to loosen up an obviously tight clubhouse. It obviously didn't work, and it was not something I'd do, but your just going way over the top with how big a deal this is.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)

But the majority is defending it. If you don't want nor support this image the White Sox are portraying, why do you defend it?

That's a legitimate question I think.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
Since it is an unfortunate reality that reporters are allowed in the locker rooms... and having read the arguments here... I am going to have to agree with Tex, in that the team really f***ed up here leaving that out in view. If they want to do that palling around by themselves, then stick it in a closet before the press arrives, I think that's fine. But the idiots that run MLB have decided that the locker room is an OK place for non-players/coaches to hang out, so, it should probably be treated like the dugout, for that time period.

It is a 100+ year tradition that has to go. Have an interview room off to the side.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)

Seriously, are you ok? You have contributed to about 6 pages of this thread saying the same thing over and over and over. We get it, you didnt like it, it personally insulted you, a majority of people dont agree with your view.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
It is a 100+ year tradition that has to go. Have an interview room off to the side.

Now this I agree with 150 percent. Leave the locker room to the people who inhabit it several hours a day, the players.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
But the majority is defending it. If you don't want nor support this image the White Sox are portraying, why do you defend it?

Because people have the right to be stupid in our fine country, even if we don't agree with it. Nobody is being hurt or threatened by having a stupid blow up doll in the locker room with some bats to try and bust a slump. If people want to interpret it as this terrible thing, that's fine, but in reality it's not. It's just another case of pro athletes being what they are (pigs), and if that bothers you, that's fine, just don't follow sports.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
You can sodomize a doll, something of which isn't a living thing? As I've said, I personally wouldn't do something like this, but your just going way over the top with your literal look at something that involves an inflatable doll. I don't think anybody was promoting sodomy here, they were trying to do something stupid to loosen up an obviously tight clubhouse. It obviously didn't work, and it was not something I'd do, but your just going way over the top with how big a deal this is.

I've been saying simulating and depicting, I may have not typed it one time. But that is what it is. Someone decided to loosen up the club house, they decided to bring in an inflatable doll and someone also decided to stick a bat up the butt. They knew it would be viewed by reporters and possibly be made public. The vast majority of Sox fans defend this display of simulated sodomy. The image people will have of Sox fans from this is that Sox fans defend displays of simulated sodomy of a woman with a baseball bat.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)
Because people have the right to be stupid in our fine country, even if we don't agree with it. Nobody is being hurt or threatened by having a stupid blow up doll in the locker room with some bats to try and bust a slump. If people want to interpret it as this terrible thing, that's fine, but in reality it's not. It's just another case of pro athletes being what they are (pigs), and if that bothers you, that's fine, just don't follow sports.

Well that ain't happenin'! I'll still be frothing at the mouth for 9 innings of White Sox baseball tonight. I just felt when I initially brought up the other side that it merited discussion. I really didn't mean to be the champion of women's rights trying to overthrow the climate of baseball players as pigs, though that'd be ideal.

Everything building up, with Ozzie yet again ripping fans and the media, and now this, drawing national attention. I'm just sick of the act like a 15 year old atmosphere and the White Sox generally being the laughing stock franchise of Major League Baseball.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)
I've been saying simulating and depicting, I may have not typed it one time. But that is what it is. Someone decided to loosen up the club house, they decided to bring in an inflatable doll and someone also decided to stick a bat up the butt. They knew it would be viewed by reporters and possibly be made public. The vast majority of Sox fans defend this display of simulated sodomy. The image people will have of Sox fans from this is that Sox fans defend displays of simulated sodomy of a woman with a baseball bat.

so let's just say, for the sake of hypothetical discussion, that you were a member of the white sox and you came into the clubhouse before the game that sunday in toronto and you saw this mock shrine devised to "charm" everyone's bats. What would've been your reaction?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
Well that ain't happenin'! I'll still be frothing at the mouth for 9 innings of White Sox baseball tonight. I just felt when I initially brought up the other side that it merited discussion. I really didn't mean to be the champion of women's rights trying to overthrow the climate of baseball players as pigs, though that'd be ideal.

Everything building up, with Ozzie yet again ripping fans and the media, and now this, drawing national attention. I'm just sick of the act like a 15 year old atmosphere and the White Sox generally being the laughing stock franchise of Major League Baseball.

Again, if you don't like and especially can't handle the act like a 15 year old atmosphere and sophmoric humor, don't follow sports because that is what it is like in every locker room there is. This certainly is a topic that merits discussion, and it can merit disagreeing with what was done. But to take this to the extreme that people like TexSox and Carol Slezak are is pretty ridiculous, you'd swear rape and sodomy were committed on an actual woman when a stupid joke involving a blow up doll and a bat to try and loosen up a team is what really happened.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)

That was the argument in the 1970s and 1980. Guys will be guys and no one is really hurt when an off color joke is told in the workplace. No one is really hurt when we comment on a coworkers breasts. No one is really hurt when the boss asks an employee out repeatedly. Like it or not, an employer or employee cannot draw a circle around part of the workplace and say laws do not apply. The fact they were in Canada only means Canadian laws apply. And yes, some industries have special exemptions.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
so let's just say, for the sake of hypothetical discussion, that you were a member of the white sox and you came into the clubhouse before the game that sunday in toronto and you saw this mock shrine devised to "charm" everyone's bats. What would've been your reaction?

I would have said something along the lines of we have to take this s*** down before some reporter sees it and we have a s*** storm to deal with.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
That was the argument in the 1970s and 1980. Guys will be guys and no one is really hurt when an off color joke is told in the workplace. No one is really hurt when we comment on a coworkers breasts. No one is really hurt when the boss asks an employee out repeatedly. Like it or not, an employer or employee cannot draw a circle around part of the workplace and say laws do not apply. The fact they were in Canada only means Canadian laws apply. And yes, some industries have special exemptions.

Your kidding right? There is a big, big, big difference between a doll, simulated acts or not, and commenting on a real persons breasts and asking co-workers out. A huge difference. I can't believe you actually just made that comparison.