White Sox Clubhouse and Sex Dolls

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:26 AM)
I think businesses all over Chicago should mimic it. Bring a sex doll to work day. :headbang

Hmmm, I thought it was standard at the Sun-Times. Wierd

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:51 AM)
This is a HUGE front page story in the Sun Times. The headline WHITE SOX DOLL BLOWUP

The Sun-Times is a joke now. I finally quit reading when Mariotti got his contract extension in '06 after many years of threatening.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:51 AM)
This is a HUGE front page story in the Sun Times. The headline WHITE SOX DOLL BLOWUP

What am I missing here? Is this really that big of a deal? It was a blowup doll with a bat stuck up its ass accompanied with a suggestive sign. Sure, it's tasteless; but a poor condition for woman to work? LOLLERCAUST. Are these the same clubhouses where near naked men are talking intimately with reporters? Or are swearing up a storm, and doing god knows what?

Hell, I remember several seasons ago during one of the playoff celebrations (I believe ALCS championship) where Gale Fischer was interviewing a player and in plain sight of the camera you can see some players ass about to enter the shower. OH, BUT ITS A POOR ENVIRONMENT. What idiots. This spokeswoman for the Association for Women in Sports Media should probably understand the nature of clubhouses before talking. Or else I'll just send her an email asking when my dinner will be ready. I'd like to believe she'd understand, but I have a feeling she's some 70 year old hag burnt out from the feminist revolution.

Can you imagine the outrage that would have been displayed if Mark Grace had explained his definition of "slumpbuster" nowadays instead of back when he did?

such a waste of paper space. Aside from the beat reporters, the Sun Times is all gossip column

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:25 AM)
Well if they hired...ahem 'professionals' for the slumpbuster...kinda like a live art show so to speak... I can see some of the manufactured outrage, but they are frickin dolls?

Front page article about Dolls. Way to go Suntimes you are officially the Daily Mirror now.

I think some people are taking this much lighter than it should be. This has already become national news on ESPN Radio. Whomever set up the blow up dolls with bats in their orifices knew that reporters and the like would see it.

It's sexual harassment for any female reporter who was near the locker room. I don't care what anyone says, women are allowed in the locker room at designated times, and that's demeaning.

It's childish, it's embarrassing as a Sox fan, it's not funny in my opinion. Why don't they grow the f*** up? What has the amazing double stuffed quad penetrated doll resulted in? 3 runs over 18 innings.

Jerry Reinsdorf should be embarrassed as should anyone who ever wore a Sox jersey. With Ozzie's rant, and now this, it's unacceptable.

That's just my $.02.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:32 AM)
I think some people are taking this much lighter than it should be. This has already become national news on ESPN Radio. Whomever set up the blow up dolls with bats in their orifices knew that reporters and the like would see it.

It's sexual harassment for any female reporter who was near the locker room. I don't care what anyone says, women are allowed in the locker room at designated times, and that's demeaning.

It's childish, it's embarrassing as a Sox fan, it's not funny in my opinion. Why don't they grow the f*** up? What has the amazing double stuffed quad penetrated doll resulted in? 3 runs over 18 innings.

Jerry Reinsdorf should be embarrassed as should anyone who ever wore a Sox jersey. With Ozzie's rant, and now this, it's unacceptable.

That's just my $.02.

this country is too politically correct...why are women in a male locker room? That doesn't seem appropriate to me.

Unless you work in a strip club or adult book store, you would not be allowed to bring a sex doll to work and display it at your desk. I'm with Steve, grow the hell up and act like adult men of 35 not some drunk college guy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:32 AM)

That's just my $.02.

I think the possible naked men, the rap music, and the cursing in the clubhouse might be more offensive in nature than Becky the blow up doll with her constant surprised look on her face. I think we need to stop with the PC crap.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:36 AM)
this country is too politically correct...why are women in a male locker room? That doesn't seem appropriate to me.

They have been for the past 30 years. The men and female reporters have the exact same access. The showers and private areas are off limits to every reporter.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:36 AM)
Unless you work in a strip club or adult book store, you would not be allowed to bring a sex doll to work and display it at your desk. I'm with Steve, grow the hell up and act like adult men of 35 not some drunk college guy.

Well are women allowed in your locker room at the heatlh club, no. I have a solution, kick the women out of the locker room if they are overly offended. This is a game the guys are playing. Lets not apply the same rules that Jimmy in his cube gets to the 15 million dollar a year guy who swings a bat at a ball.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:36 AM)

So women can't be sports reporters now? During DESIGNATED TIMES women of course should be allowed in because of their profession. If you want to stop that, that's discrimination.

And I don't think I'm pushing it that perhaps a few male sports reporters might feel uncomfortable with it as well.

I'm glad Guillen didn't apologize, as well. People are always apologizing for their actions when the media gets on them, and you know damn well they're not sincere. I love his quotes which basically come off as, "shut the f*** up -- this is nothing compared to what usually happens in our clubhouse."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:40 AM)
So women can't be sports reporters now? During DESIGNATED TIMES women of course should be allowed in because of their profession. If you want to stop that, that's discrimination.

And I don't think I'm pushing it that perhaps a few male sports reporters might feel uncomfortable with it as well.

If a guy was offended by that I would suggest they check in their man card.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:40 AM)

I believe that women covering male sports is absurd and being in male locker rooms is absurd. I would like to go back to the days when women couldn't vote. And if anyone has a picture of Slezak taking it in the backside...please post.

Here's an idea. How about the locker room should be a locker room, and keep ALL the press out of it? They want interviews, they can do them in a green room outside the locker room. The locker room should be a sanctuary of sorts. I don't think press should be in there at all, except maybe for the once-a-year champagne popping when they win a pennant.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:42 AM)
Here's an idea. How about the locker room should be a locker room, and keep ALL the press out of it? They want interviews, they can do them in a green room outside the locker room. The locker room should be a sanctuary of sorts. I don't think press should be in there at all, except maybe for the once-a-year champagne popping when they win a pennant.

Now we're talking.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:42 AM)

^^^^^

This is perfect.