"The Reaper is a-coming, kids."

Linnwood

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
It would only be fitting if Uribe was canned after getting 2 hits.

Yup. Something tells me that Anderson and Uribe are finally going to get punished for performing this season and today. As they should be.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
Ramirez and Russell

So, here's what I expect. Owens comes up, that's the last we see of Anderson except sitting on the bench, and people are suddenly surprised at the fact that Owens is taking at bats from Quentin and Swisher.

Owens might be headed for Chitown and Ramirez goes down, but maybe Ozuna is gone too. Russell will be going down to Charlotte I am pretty sure. Tomorrow I will be travelling by car and should be able to listen on XM radio

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
So, here's what I expect. Owens comes up, that's the last we see of Anderson except sitting on the bench, and people are suddenly surprised at the fact that Owens is taking at bats from Quentin and Swisher.

I'd make sure that Ozuna, Ramirez and Russell were gone. I'd bring up Owens and Fields and play them. I'd sit 2 of Thome, Konerko and Dye, probably the first two.

We'll try you again later, boys. No more sacred cows. It's been a problem for too long.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
I'd make sure that Ozuna, Ramirez and Russell were gone. I'd bring up Owens and Fields and play them. I'd sit 2 of Thome, Konerko and Dye, probably the first two.

BTW - As of today, Fields is batting .240 with a .318 OBP and is leading the International League in strikeouts.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
Yup. Something tells me that Anderson and Uribe are finally going to get punished for performing this season and today. As they should be.

Maybe they should be sent out, but that's debatable (especially for Anderson).

No, the guys that have killed us are Thome and Konerko. They've hurt us the most, with Swisher and Cabrera running right behind. I'm defintely not advocating gettng rid of Swisher or Cabrera, but I doubt PK and Thome are going to start hitting becasue a career .210 hitter and 5th OFer were sent packing.

Bob

QUOTE (gosox41 @ May 5, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
Maybe they should be sent out, but that's debatable (especially for Anderson).

No, the guys that have killed us are Thome and Konerko. They've hurt us the most, with Swisher and Cabrera running right behind. I'm defintely not advocating gettng rid of Swisher or Cabrera, but I doubt PK and Thome are going to start hitting becasue a career .210 hitter and 5th OFer were sent packing.

Bob

Yep. Pick one of the 3-4-5, and let him play; the other two should sit, and not for a day either.

Both the Tigers and Tribe made similar moves today to shake up their teams.

The Tigers DFA'd Jacque Jones and are moving Sheffield to left. They're calling up a AAA outfielder, Matt Joyce, to fill the roster spot.

The Indians are releasing Jason Michaels and called up Ben Franciso from Buffalo.

Both Jones and Michaels are hitting in the same vicinity (.200 or below) as Uribe.