MIN (16-14, W5) @ CWS (14-16, L6), 7:11pm

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
Good break for Quentin right there. He was out by about 10 feet.

Mauer looked up at the ump, like come on ump, why did he knock it out of my hand. Maybe your f***ing 1998 sideburns got in the way.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
What happened?

JD with a ground ball up the middle, Cabrera scores. Quentin goes for 3rd and the ball gets away. Quentin went for home and the throw beat him, but Mauer couldn't handle the ball and Quentin was safe.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
f***ing Quentin is the man, he is a beast in the 2-hole.

And someone said put him there several days ago.....

I said it two weeks ago as I dislike Cabrera

I also said in February that Azrizona would be the best team in baseball if RJ came back. It is hidden in Trade winds.

Go Sox.

Great Episode of Wonder Pets on Noggin why can't these kids fall asleep.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
I said it two weeks ago as I dislike Cabrera

I also said in February that Azrizona would be the best team in baseball if RJ came back. It is hidden in Trade winds.

Go Sox.

Great Episode of Wonder Pets on Noggin why can't these kids fall asleep.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64246

or even if you prefer...

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1541097

post Dec 3, 2007 -> 02:01 PM

love, love, love this move....2 years ago quentin couldn't be had, at least not for something other than a legit major league near all star calibur player, we bought low on a guy who is an on base machine....he tore up AAA as a 22 year old, which is actually relatively young for the league.....had success each of the following years as arizona tried to work him in...i have no explanation for his poor numbers last year but they are likely an abberation or as someone said caused by injury....this is getting instant production on the cheap and helps our OBP a ton...bat him second and cabrera first

i cant say enough about how happy i am with this move....KW went to a team who was loaded in the OF and took a guy who that organization was unfairly down on after a poor performance in the bigs (carlos quentin is not brian anderson btw) and addressed a need that he previously ignored (ability to get on base), and got it in the form of a guy who will be cheap for the next 3 years and only had to part with an A ball prospect...

even given his struggles at the dish last year quentin still had a walk rate that would rival anyone on our team with the exception of thome...if his power develops (which in our park is probable) this guy be carlos lee in 2 years...right now peg him as a kevin youkilis type guy, even with his struggles last year

:cheers

Edited by daa84

in college i knew a guy who was more of a rival than a friend, and he was from philly and he came up to me after we traded garcia and was like "thanks alot for freddy....enjoy having gavin floyd"

yeah i wish i could talk to him now

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
wonder pets, wonder pets, we're on our way....

Wonder Pets on 64" High Def

Sox on 1995 30" Daewoo

They are getting the ether when Deadlist Catch comes on if still conscious.

Nice bunt attempt Cabrera. Nice play Lamb.