J4L is headed for the slammer

Jordan4life_2007

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2008 -> 07:47 AM)
Good to hear. Learn your lesson and come away a better person for it. That is the most important thing you can do with this situation.

Even better if a few more people learn a lesson from his mistake . . .

I'm not sure where some of these guys got the idea that CC is cake, but it's not. It's a scum ridden place full of gangs and criminals. The first thing you're going to notice is everyone sectioned off into their specific gangs/groups. You will quite often see whites with whites, blacks with blacks, mexicans with mexicans, latin kings with latin kings, etc...and no, this isn't a joke. So just go wherever you happen to fit in and keep quiet for a few days, because I highly doubt you're going to be in solitary for the duration, you will probably spend quite a bit of time mixed amongst them.

You will get parolled early (probably after 4 days) as long as you're not a jackass that draws attention.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 9, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
I'm not sure where some of these guys got the idea that CC is cake, but it's not. It's a scum ridden place full of gangs and criminals. The first thing you're going to notice is everyone sectioned off into their specific gangs/groups. You will quite often see whites with whites, blacks with blacks, mexicans with mexicans, latin kings with latin kings, etc...and no, this isn't a joke. So just go wherever you happen to fit in and keep quiet for a few days, because I highly doubt you're going to be in solitary for the duration, you will probably spend quite a bit of time mixed amongst them.

You will get parolled early (probably after 4 days) as long as you're not a jackass that draws attention.

Don't forget, Sox fans with Sox fans, Cub fans with high bidder. "I'm somebody's b****!"

I was mistaken before, I thought CC meant Community College.

Seriously, ten days in solitary may be better than five in the gp.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2008 -> 01:48 AM)
I'll definitely send you a list before the deadline. I'm too drunk to do it right now.

:unsure: just a thought, if I was about to go to jail for a drunk driving related offense, I would realize that talking about being drunk comes off as very stupid and childish and perhaps you have not learned all the lessons. Being under the influence of anything from a stiff dick to heroin involves risks. People, especially young guys, do very stupid things when in that condition. There is a point where you can enjoy alcohol without being too drunk.

Tex, my mistake was getting behind the wheel of a car while drunk. Not actually being drunk. And I'm not going to apologize to anybody for getting drunk. I like to drink and I don't care who knows about it. The night I flipped my SUV was a little over a year ago. I have not gone anywhere near a car after drinking since that night. And I don't plan to ever again. I've lost a lot of money because of one dumbass mistake. Well over $ 3,000. I also lost a very good car. I've had to go to classes. I've had to miss work because of these classes. I also have to pay for them. I've been to court something like 15 times in the last year or so. And of course I'm going to jail for 10 days. So believe me when I say that I've definitely learned my lesson.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 15, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
So believe me when I say that I've definitely learned my lesson.

This is the important thing at this point. Thank your lucky stars that you didn't kill or maim someone. Put it behind you and move forward ...

Just ...

DON"T ...

EVER ...

FORGET!!!!

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 16, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
This is the important thing at this point. Thank your lucky stars that you didn't kill or maim someone. Put it behind you and move forward ...

Just ...

DON"T ...

EVER ...

FORGET!!!!

It normally takes something very real to make people understand the consequences of driving drunk and I think this situation was his. You shouldnt let a mistake like that dictate the rest of your life though. As long as you understand the severity and make the extra effort to never do it again than people shoudlnt judge you based on a mistake.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 16, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
It normally takes something very real to make people understand the consequences of driving drunk and I think this situation was his. You shouldnt let a mistake like that dictate the rest of your life though. As long as you understand the severity and make the extra effort to never do it again than people shoudlnt judge you based on a mistake.

That's what I was trying to say. You said it so much better.

I'm a little late, and I hope you haven't gone in yet. Whatever you do, do not go in either drunk or smelling of liquor. That means that you shouldn't have one last fling the night before you surrender. If you want to have that one last fling, do it a couple of nights before.

If you only have to serve 10 days of a longer suspended sentence, you run the chance that the suspension will be revoked and you have to serve the entire sentence.

QUOTE (Mplssoxfan @ May 16, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
I'm a little late, and I hope you haven't gone in yet. Whatever you do, do not go in either drunk or smelling of liquor. That means that you shouldn't have one last fling the night before you surrender. If you want to have that one last fling, do it a couple of nights before.

If you only have to serve 10 days of a longer suspended sentence, you run the chance that the suspension will be revoked and you have to serve the entire sentence.

Also they can deny your entry to jail and the state can file an escape charge equal to the level of crime you pled to. So yeah, don't drink for days before going in.

You wouldn't believe what I've seen people blow on a breath test in court

Tex, my mistake was getting behind the wheel of a car while drunk. Not actually being drunk. And I'm not going to apologize to anybody for getting drunk. I like to drink and I don't care who knows about it. The night I flipped my SUV was a little over a year ago. I have not gone anywhere near a car after drinking since that night. And I don't plan to ever again. I've lost a lot of money because of one dumbass mistake. Well over $ 3,000. I also lost a very good car. I've had to go to classes. I've had to miss work because of these classes. I also have to pay for them. I've been to court something like 15 times in the last year or so. And of course I'm going to jail for 10 days. So believe me when I say that I've definitely learned my lesson.

If I'm reading the first post correctly, you also drove on a suspended license. So you f***ed up twice.

There's also nothing wrong with getting smashed as long as you're not driving or doing something risking the health of others regardless if you been convicted of a DUI or not.