J4L is headed for the slammer

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 16, 2008 -> 07:22 AM)
There is a difference in liking to drink and being too drunk to type out a list.

I'm only speaking for myself, but I suspect that he wasn't too drunk to type (since he clearly typed that post to begin with), he simply didn't want to put the time and effort into creating a 25 person list while drunk (since obviously it's a much tougher task to do when drunk).

And seriously, there is a huge difference between getting drunk and having fun, and getting drunk and driving. santo=dorf is right here, and you really shouldn't hold it against him just because he got a DUI. Yeah, it was a mistake, and he's clearly acknowledged that, but there's no reason he shouldn't still be allowed to get drunk if he wants to, as long as he stays the f*** away from a car (which he seems to be doing, and realizes).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
I'm back! Freedom feels oh so good. I got out a few days early due to good behavior. It was f***in' brutal while I was in there. I have learned my lesson.

Good to hear.I was wondering about that the other day if you had to go or not.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
Any stories?

I met a dude in there named no-love who was telling me exactly what went down the night he was arrested. I guess he suspected for months that his wife was cheating but could never prove it. He set up one of those expensive ass hidden camera's in their bedroom to catch the his wife in the act. It worked. So he played it cool for a couple days. Didn't let her know that he knew. So a few days after that he decides that he's gonna let her know he knows what's up. Now she's thinking he's gonna be gone all night. But he comes home way early without telling her. Low and behold she's with the guy again gettin' it on in the bedroom. He busts in on them and he said the other guy almost started crying he was so scared. So he actually had mercy on him and let him go. After that he went and stuck his wife in the face. So after he tells me that I start laughing (No, I don't support woman abuse. No matter the case. So please Steff, have mercy on me).

Anyway, one of the other inmates, thirsty, overheard me laughing. And he got in my face because I guess he thought I thought it was cool to hit a woman. He also mentioned that he had a father that used to beat his mother on a daily basis. So he's real sensitive when it comes to that. So before I can even defend myself, no-love steps in front of me and starts talking s*** to thirsty. And it got INTENSE. All kinds of cussing and such. And no-love was talkin' so loud and was so intense that he kinda spit on thirsty. So thirsty throws a punch, no-love throws one right back, and all hell broke loose. lol. And the officer wasn't in the room with us at the time. So they went at it for a good 3-5 minutes before it was broken up. Everynody was instigating and cheering the fight on. lol. I was kinda shocked. Anyway, they both got their own little seperate cells. I never saw either of them after that.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 05:04 PM)
I met a dude in there named no-love who was telling me exactly what went down the night he was arrested. I guess he suspected for months that his wife was cheating but could never prove it. He set up one of those expensive ass hidden camera's in their bedroom to catch the his wife in the act. It worked. So he played it cool for a couple days. Didn't let her know that he knew. So a few days after that he decides that he's gonna let her know he knows what's up. Now she's thinking he's gonna be gone all night. But he comes home way early without telling her. Low and behold she's with the guy again gettin' it on in the bedroom. He busts in on them and he said the other guy almost started crying he was so scared. So he actually had mercy on him and let him go. After that he went and stuck his wife in the face. So after he tells me that I start laughing (No, I don't support woman abuse. No matter the case. So please Steff, have mercy on me).

Anyway, one of the other inmates, thirsty, overheard me laughing. And he got in my face because I guess he thought I thought it was cool to hit a woman. He also mentioned that he had a father that used to beat his mother on a daily basis. So he's real sensitive when it comes to that. So before I can even defend myself, no-love steps in front of me and starts talking s*** to thirsty. And it got INTENSE. All kinds of cussing and such. And no-love was talkin' so loud and was so intense that he kinda spit on thirsty. So thirsty throws a punch, no-love throws one right back, and all hell broke loose. lol. And the officer wasn't in the room with us at the time. So they went at it for a good 3-5 minutes before it was broken up. Everynody was instigating and cheering the fight on. lol. I was kinda shocked. Anyway, they both got their own little seperate cells. I never saw either of them after that.

Cute. You had inmates fighting over you.

Glad to hear you're out and no worse for the wear.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
I'm back! Freedom feels oh so good. I got out a few days early due to good behavior. It was f***in' brutal while I was in there. I have learned my lesson.

Glad you made it out okay and that you've learned your lesson. Welcome back to society!!!!

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Good thing you're out man.

I think some here don't realize there's a difference between Cook County Jail and for example Dupage County Jail ;)

Hell yeah, Cook county jail ain't no punk. If you've ever been there even over night, you know the deal.

A timely article...

The constitutional rights of inmates at Cook County Jail are systematically violated, according to the U.S. attorney's office in Chicago, which just released the findings of a 17-month investigation of the facility.

The jail is accused of failing to adequately protect inmates from physical harm by staff and other inmates. The jail also has failed to provide adequate medical care and sanitary conditions, resulting "in unconstitutional living conditions," a statement from the office said.

Federal authorities delivered a 98-page letter to Cook County Board President Todd Stroger and Sheriff Tom Dart on Friday, prosecutors said. The investigation began in February 2007.

The county now has 49 days to address the findings before any legal action is taken by the U.S., officials said. But federal officials made it clear that they hope to resolve the matter short of a lawsuit.

U.S. Atty. Patrick Fitzgerald was expected to discuss the findings at 11 a.m. at the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse.

The jail on Chicago's West Side has been monitored by a federal judge for decades as a result of a litigation by inmates over its crowded conditions.

In 2004 a Cook County special grand jury found abuses at the jail, including the 1999 mass beating of inmates by guards. The grand jury's 150-page report was forwarded to both the U.S. attorney's office and the office of Cook County State's Atty. Richard Devine.

LINK

• 2 weeks later...

Well, uh, I never read this thread until I just now stumbled across it b/c I thought it was just some celebrity or something and didn't care why they were going to prison...

But damn, I would be scared s***less in prison. Though, as a 5'8'' 145 lb dude, that probably makes sense.

Glad it seemed to turn out okay since you got out in 6 days, J4L. Still can't believe one of my former fellow late-nighters went to jail though... lol