Craig Steltz...your starting job is waiting

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 6, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
my heart just skipped a beat when I read the thread title. I thought it was mike brown. Glad it's not. Good Riddence Arch!

Don't worry, Brown will wait until the first or second regular season game to show why he's the football version of Mark Prior. I don't think Steltz is going to be anything in the NFL, but he can't be worse than Archuleta.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
Don't worry, Brown will wait until the first or second regular season game to show why he's the football version of Mark Prior. I don't think Steltz is going to be anything in the NFL, but he can't be worse than Archuleta.

You can't really compare football and baseball injuries. Brown is probably one of the hardest workers when it comes to rehabing, I won't be surpirsed if he put up a good season.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
worthless. But I still dont think Steltz will start

Brandon McGowan did a damn good job in there last year. I would assume he and Mike Brown are the starters at the moment with Craig Steltz, Danieal Manning, and Kevin Payne as back-ups.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2008 -> 06:00 AM)
Brandon McGowan did a damn good job in there last year. I would assume he and Mike Brown are the starters at the moment with Craig Steltz, Danieal Manning, and Kevin Payne as back-ups.

that's a nice safety group. really nice if mike brown stays healthy (obviously a big old if).

QUOTE (knightni @ May 8, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
Mike Brown's replacement has been needed since 2006.

As hard as he tries, and as great as he can be, he just is injury prone and shouldn't be relied on as a starter in the NFL.

Mike Brown is a guy you can't replace. The difference in the Bears W-L record, Defensive #'s (particularly rushing defense) is staggering.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 8, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
Mike Brown's replacement has been needed since 2006.

As hard as he tries, and as great as he can be, he just is injury prone and shouldn't be relied on as a starter in the NFL.

I think Mike Brown's replacement re-signed with the Colts last year. Because I don't know if I can think of any other safety in the league who has the impact of those 2 guys on the field.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
I think Mike Brown's replacement re-signed with the Colts last year. Because I don't know if I can think of any other safety in the league who has the impact of those 2 guys on the field.

Well said Balta

QUOTE (knightni @ May 9, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)
Mike Brown is a very good player.

But he has also proven to be unreliable and too prone to injury for the Bears to not have a Plan B for the guy.

I agree. However, you keep brown on the field and on the team at least for this year, as long as he is healthy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)

Id say the only other guy I have seen take over a game like those guys is Polamlu. Those guys seriously destroy offenses and will never be replaced.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 9, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
Id say the only other guy I have seen take over a game like those guys is Polamlu. Those guys seriously destroy offenses and will never be replaced.

Polamolu is overrated (the Steeler fans I know have reinforced this belief too). Brown > Polamalu.

Honestly I think the only way the Bears could've gone to extra help at S without a significant dropoff would've been to trade Briggs to the Skins and draft Landry with the 6th pick. Lovie thought signing Archuleta would accomplish that, lol.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 14, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
I'd rather have Polamalu; because, you're throwing Brandon McGowan out there when Brown shatters like crystal in game 3.

really game 3? .. someones nice