MIN (16-15, L1) @ CWS (15-16, W1), 7:11pm

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, good response last night, hopefully JD's hit with 2 outs took some pressure off and the offense starts rolling a little.

even though the weather is kind of crappy now, weather.com had only 20% chance of rain for the game

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
Kick some tail MB.

Bats...we need fear taken from bats.

Hey Mark, after Vaz got screwed out of a W his last two starts, my fantasy team could really use a W from you.

And so could your team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
This soft tosser Livan needs to get abused by Thome and Paulie.

How come the ball isn't flying out of the Cell this year?

Because the hitters have sucked.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
With the troubles the Sox have had this year facing soft tossers, Livan could potentially send this team back in time.

Not to mention that most of this team has not seen him before, and that is never good either. Let's hope tonight is all about changing trends.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2008 -> 11:46 AM)
Hey Mark, after Vaz got screwed out of a W his last two starts, my fantasy team could really use a W from you.

And so could your team.

Mark got screwed out of a W his last start too, he went 8 innings with 0 ER, 5 hits vs Marcum

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 7, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Quentin is going to get all bat flippy tonight with the twinks tonight.

His weakness is pitchers changing speeds a lot on him, though. He might have trouble with this guy. I hope not, but that is what I am seeing so far. He looks silly when pitchers go all over the place speed-wise.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
His weakness is pitchers changing speeds a lot on him, though. He might have trouble with this guy. I hope not, but that is what I am seeing so far. He looks silly when pitchers go all over the place speed-wise.

on the flipside, hopefully this is the type of pitcher Swisher can come around against. He usually sees a lot of pitches, and hopefully he'll get a good read on him

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)

Isn't that like every hitter's weakness? If a pitcher can change speeds then most hitters aren't going to look very good.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 7, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)
Isn't that like every hitter's weakness? If a pitcher can change speeds then most hitters aren't going to look very good.

Not necessarily.

Some hitters have trouble with certain parts of the zone - pitches up or down, out or in. Others have trouble only with offspeed or breaking stuff. Yet others can't catch up to serious heat. So no, its not necessarily everyone that has trouble with pitchers alternating speeds a lot in an at-bat. It certainly makes it tougher for most, but the effect isn't identical on all hitters.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 7, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
Haha i am an idiot. I didn't even know what you were talking about until i read it like five times. yikes, i need some sleep.

Yea Finals week normally produces lack of sleep you are excused.... GO REDBIRDS!!!