MIN (16-15, L1) @ CWS (15-16, W1), 7:11pm

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite the start I wanted. Gomez runs faster jogging on a home run than most of our guys look sprinting.

Somehow MB comes back and strikes out the next 2. Gomez got down to get that one, gotta give him credit.

Gotta love the Beyond the Glory about the 88' Dodgers....I love when they play shows like that in the rain delay....

"You talk about a roll of the dice...."

Total agreement. I love that stuff. Especially those "Top 50" things Best Damn plays.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
I kinda like that CSN added OBP to their stat line when showing player graphics.

Haven't they had that on there for a few years or am I hallucinating?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:03 AM)
Livan, looking as care free as ever out on the mound, gets em 1-2-3. Thome just missed an opposite field HR.

Umpire has a very big strike zone, which probably hurts against Livan. The Sox should get plenty of hits against him, they just need to string them together.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
Very nice. Is that a stock background? It looks familiar.

yeah it has been a while since i did sigs. Apparently you get very raw with time away from doing it, but yeah its a stock background with some of my own stuff.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
Where the f*** was Dye?

Thanks for saying that, as if you look at the replay, he wasn't that far from the ball initially. He took forever to get to it though, and took his time on the release.

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
this outfield is awful defensively

I disagree with that completely. Swisher is definitely above average defensively, and pitcher know he is going to bust his ass to get to ever ball. Dye, while he may not be very fast at all, still has a very good arm and makes some clutch catches. Quentin has one of the best arms in the league from what I've seen. To say that they are "awful" is a bit ridiculous.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2008 -> 02:08 AM)
Juan showing his "speed" catching that looper in the infield.

They're going to have to make some decisions this season, defense like that is not going to help if they want to make the playoffs

and im sick of DJ and Hawk's love affair with the twins, nothing is ever the sox fault against them

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
When you strike out on a 60 mph curve, you know you're not hitting very well. Why do we continue to play PK with this hand injury?

not to mention his .218 avg for our cleanup hitter..... CAN URIBE!!!!!!!