MIN (16-15, L1) @ CWS (15-16, W1), 7:11pm

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:28 AM)
There have been 2 good swings by our hitters tonight. 2. Thome's fly out and AJ's single.

Dye had a decent swing, as did Crede. The problem so far is we're letting Livan dictate what pitch we swing at.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Our hitting coach told our players that Livan will walk his fair share, right?

Our hitting coach told them to get around on the ball, elevate their bat by dipping the back shoulder, and to swing as hard as you can and hit this.

chi-rrt-RedLine-trn-Dan-Ryan-Sox-35th-st

If you think right field your entire swing, you can wait back enough on it. But the pull monkey express is trying to hit homers tonight. This should be a quick 1-0 shutout if we keep the Greg Walker attack in play.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
Dye had a decent swing, as did Crede. The problem so far is we're letting Livan dictate what pitch we swing at.

There wasn't much behind Crede's swing. It was a contact swing the whole way.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
It figures...I've seen Livan pitch a lot over the years, and I've never seen him come close to having this type of success with his slow curve. Can Walker be fired during the game?

I wish.

Sometimes we say our batters are swinging for the fences just to be critical, but tonight with the slow stiff, they are really trying to swing for the fence, except for AJ's single.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:38 AM)
I wish.

Sometimes we say our batters are swinging for the fences just to be critical, but tonight with the slow stiff, they are really trying to swing for the fence, except for AJ's single.

How about Dye pulling tht 82 mph pitch off the plate right to the 3rd baseman? I'd also like to see Ozzie give our 3/4/5 the green light on the 3-0 pitch.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
Just like a knuckleballer, they should approach this.

If its high, let it fly

if its low, let it go.

What's really sad is that the ump is only helping that approach. He's calling high strikes, but seems not to be letting the zone go too low. For a HR hitting team, the Sox have no real interest in swinging at high strikes.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
A high school baseball team could probably shellack Hernandez. A pro baseball team, not so much.

Thats because the high school team isnt taking monsterous cuts trying to hit the 3rd lane of the Ryan on the outside pitch.

to answer your question yes ive seen the sox play this year

and from what i've seen, nick swisher doesnt cut off balls in gaps the way aaron rowand used too (used too aka hes not on the team anymore).

i have yet to see swisher cut off a ball in a gap and throw out a guy like i saw from alexi ramierez of all people.

quentin has yet to show me that his arm is above average with only 2 assists, which is the same amount as just about every other person in the league or in other words average. last year he only had 2 assists in 76 games i believe

QUOTE (G&T @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
What's really sad is that the ump is only helping that approach. He's calling high strikes, but seems not to be letting the zone go too low. For a HR hitting team, the Sox have no real interest in swinging at high strikes.

They are waiting for the center cut, thigh high pitch that doesnt move to drive. The moving pitch low and away isnt the one that want.

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)

and from what i've seen, nick swisher doesnt cut off balls in gaps the way aaron rowand used too (used too aka hes not on the team anymore).

i have yet to see swisher cut off a ball in a gap and throw out a guy like i saw from alexi ramierez of all people.

quentin has yet to show me that his arm is above average with only 2 assists, which is the same amount as just about every other person in the league or in other words average. last year he only had 2 assists in 76 games i believe

Well if you question Quentins arm then you must be drunk when you watch the games.

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 8, 2008 -> 02:41 AM)

If you don't think that Quentin has a strong arm, then do yourself a favor and start watching a new sport.