MIN (16-15, L1) @ CWS (15-16, W1), 7:11pm

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Buerhle just cracked when the kick the ball crew and the rotten offense showed up.

Hopefully the rest of our pitchers ignore the fact that they will struggle to get wins with the worst offense in the AL.

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:04 PM)
haha swisher with a great throw

you guys criticize my eye when i watch the sox

but swisher consistenly does not position himself correctly when preparing to throw those balls on a sac fly

he is not getting behind the ball at all like a good outfielder does

He actually did do that on that catch, just threw it to the wrong base and over his cut off man.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:04 AM)
Maybe I'm missing something, but what's with all this talk about how good Swisher can be at CF? So far this season, he looks terrible out there.

He was doing great until the Toronto series. Now, he plays like he has no confidence.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
Good call....pathetic performance by Buehrle tonight. If there were actually fans at the park, they should be booing the crap out of this team.

The only bad pitch he made before the 6th inning was on the 1st triple by Gomez. Other than that, he pitched fine. Defense didn't help him much, and the Twins are always good for 4-5 hits that are totally gay.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
Buerhle looked angry .... hah not that its unexpected. I was happy to see it though, I dont know why.

He exploded on something with a bat. And I'm glad he did. Hopefully this gets people pissed off because this team has had its head up it's ass for a while.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:07 AM)
He exploded on something with a bat. And I'm glad he did. Hopefully this gets people pissed off because this team has had its head up it's ass for a while.

I agree, that was great. The term "boiled over" comes to mind.

BTW, read the NFL offseason thread on the Patriots stuff. What a pathetic organization.

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
but whatever im sure the moderators will come after me with some lame comeback that has nothing to do with refuting my argument in a logical way

If you don't like it, feel free to get the hell out.

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:08 AM)
no he acctually did not do that on that catch

he was not behind the ball otherwise he would not have caught it above his head

he should have caught the ball on his throwing side while running in

I'll tell you exactly what happened. Usually in those spots, the RF will take control due to having a good throwing arm. Swisher thought Dye was going to call him off, but he never did.

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
haha swisher with a great throw

you guys criticize my eye when i watch the sox

but swisher consistenly does not position himself correctly when preparing to throw those balls on a sac fly

he is not getting behind the ball at all like a good outfielder does

but whatever im sure the moderators will come after me with some lame comeback that has nothing to do with refuting my argument in a logical way

seems fallacious

and why did quentin just one hop it to the cut off man? oh and another nice play by quentin

So let me know what your solution is, at least your craziness should entertain us. I am sure it involves Owens replacing Quentin. Lay it on us, Oh baseball oracle.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:09 AM)
I'll tell you exactly what happened. Usually in those spots, the RF will take control due to having a good throwing arm. Swisher thought Dye was going to call him off, but he never did.

either way he must have called that ball so he should've gotten in position

i dont see how that excuses him