MIN (16-15, L1) @ CWS (15-16, W1), 7:11pm

QUOTE (knightni @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
Dye's not a good RF anymore.

Swisher's not a CF.

They're going to have to make some decisions next season.

Why do you say that? He's been damn good out there. He's probably better suited for a corner spot but to say he isn't a CF is just false IMO.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
They're going to have to make some decisions this season, defense like that is not going to help if they want to make the playoffs

and im sick of DJ and Hawk's love affair with the twins, nothing is ever the sox fault against them

What are you talking about?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
When you strike out on a 60 mph curve, you know you're not hitting very well. Why do we continue to play PK with this hand injury?

Because Brian Anderson touches himself at night.

shiwher is not a centerfielder, he has no arm and sure he may bust his butt. remind me of a time this year when our outfielders have made a decent play on a ball hit in a gap. oh wait the only one i can think of who did that was alexi rameriez

ad quentin bobbles just about everything that comes his way

his transition from glove to hands isnt very fluid, and his arm is probably average maybe a bit above

dye may have an arm but what good is your arm if it takes you all day to get to the ball

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:16 AM)
shiwher is not a centerfielder, he has no arm and sure he may bust his butt. remind me of a time this year when our outfielders have made a decent play on a ball hit in a gap. oh wait the only one i can think of who did that was alexi rameriez

his transition from glove to hands isnt very fluid, and his arm is probably average maybe a bit above

dye may have an arm but what good is your arm if it takes you all day to get to the ball

I don't think Swisher is bad defensively (he's been a pleasant surprise), but I agree with your specific observations.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
Why do you say that? He's been damn good out there. He's probably better suited for a corner spot but to say he isn't a CF is just false IMO.

He is less of a CF than he is a LF or RF.

QUOTE (WillieHarris2 @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)

Have you not watched the White Sox at all this season? Swisher has no arm? No. Podsednik and Owens need the triple-cut to make it home, not Swisher. Quentin bobbles everything now? Have you ever seen Aaron Rowand play CF for the Sox? A ground ball up the middle was a guaranteed bobble. And his arm is "maybe a bit above" average. Well, I guess thats where I stop reading.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
I don't think Swisher is bad defensively (he's been a pleasant surprise), but I agree with your specific observations.

Overall, I think it's probably fair to say that a Quentin, Swisher, Dye OF, defensively, is Above average (due to his arm), Average, below average, left to right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2008 -> 02:19 AM)
Overall, I think it's probably fair to say that a Quentin, Swisher, Dye OF, defensively, is Above average (due to his arm), Average, below average, left to right.

Wait, I thought that previous post said Swisher bobbles the ball. Quentin's been perfect out there besides for two fluke plays.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 06:20 PM)
Wait, I thought that previous post said Swisher bobbles the ball. Quentin's been perfect out there besides for two fluke plays.

After seeing what "Below average" means in CF more times than I ever want to think about again, I can more than live with a guy who bobbles the ball out there a few times. Just get to an average number of them and I'll live with it, and Swish does that.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:21 AM)
Beurhle getting that inside pitch. Seems like he's popping the mitt a bit more than usual tonight.

Gun's had him at 89 mph tonight. Also, there has to be a penalty on you for spelling his name wrong!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:22 AM)
After seeing what "Below average" means in CF more times than I ever want to think about again, I can more than live with a guy who bobbles the ball out there a few times. Just get to an average number of them and I'll live with it, and Swish does that.

Like you said, above average/average/below average

QUOTE (knightni @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
He is less of a CF than he is a LF or RF.

That doesn't mean he isn't a CF. Just because Grady Sizemore would probably be better suited in the 3 hole doesn't mean he isn't a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
Gun's had him at 89 mph tonight. Also, there has to be a penalty on you for spelling his name wrong!

Damnit! I'm usually really good with it. U before e. Buehrle. My bad.

He's been clocked at 90 once or twice tonight as well.