Twinks (17-15) @ Sox (15-17)

G&T

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
I was just looking at the box score, how did Thome get an SB?

The strangest play I have ever seen in baseball. He stole the base while Mauer was waiting to see if PK swung at a pitch.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 8, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
I was just looking at the box score, how did Thome get an SB?

3-1 pitch to Konerko. He checked his swing, home ump called it a ball, Thome and Q started advancing. When they are half way down the line, Mauer asks for help from the 1st base ump who says Paulie went, Thome and Q advanced already. Oops. Funny watching Guerrier make an ass of himself.

Gotta give them respect for playing well today. I was at last nights game and Im absolutely dragging at work today.

On the other hand it was hilarious how much the twins fans were cheering in the 9th, I kept telling them why not save some of those runs for tomorrow.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
No reason to put Bobby in today...Who hasn't worked lately? When's the last time the lefties pitched?

He'll be in, he was warming up to come in. You have to try and shut the door before Mauer and Morneau come up again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
No reason to put Bobby in today...Who hasn't worked lately? When's the last time the lefties pitched?

I'm kind of torn on that too. The Sox have a crazy streak with no days off and heading to the West Coast of Doom, but they really need this game. As awful as they have looked the last week and a half, they can be one game out of first with this win.

Massett hasn't worked in awhile

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)

I could see why you'd put him in with the lack of work lately, but we might need him in some actual save spots on the road, especially next series in Seattle.

Right elbow strain for Neshek they say, the MRI might not be as kind as that diagnosis though.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 8, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
I'm kind of torn on that too. The Sox have a crazy streak with no days off and heading to the West Coast of Doom, but they really need this game. As awful as they have looked the last week and a half, they can be one game out of first with this win.

Massett hasn't worked in awhile

Masset pitched last night and looked bad. Why would you put your worst reliever into a 4 run ball game?