Can we finally play well on the west coast?

gosox41

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 9, 2008 -> 08:14 AM)
If we face Zito in SF, I will be very upset if we gets his first victory against us.

This is bound to happen. If I had money to bet on it, I totally would.

Hope they put that last road trip behind them. Success here, especially against the Angels would do marvelous things for them mentally.

Edited by ChiSox35

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2008 -> 07:34 AM)
Great start to the road trip. 2/3 in Seattle, and even the game we lost the pen pitched really well, and the offense showed signs of life by getting tons of baserunners. Keep it going boys!

Agreed, at least we won 2/3.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2008 -> 04:55 AM)
Agreed, at least we won 2/3.

Even against a mediocre team like Seattle, winning 2/3 on the road isn't bad at all. I imagine that we'll do at least as well in SF. Even if we "only" go 5-5 on this West Coast stretch, we'll still be in decent shape.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
Anyone going to be at the games? I'll be at the Angels games on Monday & Tuesday and than the Giants game I think on Saturday.

I'll be at the Friday and Saturday games in San Fran

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 12, 2008 -> 10:13 AM)
Even against a mediocre team like Seattle, winning 2/3 on the road isn't bad at all. I imagine that we'll do at least as well in SF. Even if we "only" go 5-5 on this West Coast stretch, we'll still be in decent shape.

I won't be satisifed with that. Not with the Twins playing well and the Indians heating up. This team needs to at least split with the Angels(aren't we not facing their 2 hottest pitchers though I know we get Lackey). From there they better be able to take 2 of 3 from San Fran. Series againt piss poor teams like that need to be won (or swept).

While we might be in decent shape, a 6-4, 7-4 road trip would be much better. If this team wants to contend then they need to show up against the Angels.

Bob

QUOTE (gosox41 @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
I won't be satisifed with that. Not with the Twins playing well and the Indians heating up. This team needs to at least split with the Angels(aren't we not facing their 2 hottest pitchers though I know we get Lackey). From there they better be able to take 2 of 3 from San Fran. Series againt piss poor teams like that need to be won (or swept).

While we might be in decent shape, a 6-4, 7-4 road trip would be much better. If this team wants to contend then they need to show up against the Angels.

Agreed that they'd better take 2/3 from the Giants, but sweeping a team isn't easy, especially on the road. And with the way that the Angels are playing, going 2/4 against them in LA is about what I'd consider to be respectable. So, yeah, I agree that 6-4 is about where I'd like them as well. 7-4 would be about as good as one could reasonably expect.