Sox (16-17) @ Mariners (14-22) 9:10 pm, CSN

G&T

An unexpected second game thread. Well it worked out yesterday so... :gosox1:

This one is going to be on a bit late on the east coast so the Sox better give me a reason to stay up.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ May 9, 2008 -> 08:07 AM)
An unexpected second game thread. Well it worked out yesterday so... :gosox1:

This one is going to be on a bit late on the east coast so the Sox better give me a reason to stay up.

Make it a streak. The M's are struggling, so a win would be expected.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ May 9, 2008 -> 10:35 AM)
Too bad we miss out on Felix Hernandez and Eric Bedard

Silva, Washburn, Batista we gotta take at least 2 out of 3

we have absolutely pounded carlos silva in the past...

If we win the SEA and SFO series' and split with LAA, I'll be happy. That's a 6-4 road trip. Anything more is just icing.

But game 1 is key to setting the tone, as others have said. Jose has been a pleasant surprise this year, at least from my perspective. Keep it up Jose!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Jose will then strike out the next 27 batters.

Correction - halfway through the game he will strike out a guy who will reach base on a passed ball. So he will actually strike out 28 batters.

NO SEXSON Either!

NEW YORK -- Seattle slugger Richie Sexson was suspended for six games and fined Friday by Major League Baseball after charging the mound and throwing his helmet at a Texas pitcher the previous night.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 9, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
NO SEXSON Either!

NEW YORK -- Seattle slugger Richie Sexson was suspended for six games and fined Friday by Major League Baseball after charging the mound and throwing his helmet at a Texas pitcher the previous night.

It seems like everything is shaping up for a sox sweep. Everything is falling into place. No bedard, no washburn, no sexson!~

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 9, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
NO SEXSON Either!

I'm sure he'll appeal and play in the series.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ May 9, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
It seems like everything is shaping up for a sox sweep. Everything is falling into place. No bedard, no washburn, no sexson!~

Washburn will pitch tomorrow unless something changed that I don't know about. The Sox will miss King Felix though which is bad news for Brian Anderson.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
Sexson could well appeal.

Sexson will play in the series. At least according to the Seattle Post Intelligencer.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/basebal...ives/138565.asp

Sexson slapped with six-game suspension; he'll appeal

The enforcement division of the Commissioner's Office came down hard on Seattle first baseman Richie Sexson Friday.

Sexson, who charged the mound Thursday night after feeling Texas' starter Kason Gabbard had thrown at his head, was hit with a six-day suspension by Bob Watson, Vice President of On-Field Opperations for MLB.

The suspension was due to start Friday night, but Sexson filed an appeal, and the suspension won't be enforced until the appeal is heard. So Sexson is expected to be in Seattle's lineup tonight when the slumping Mariners start a three-game series with the Chicago White Sox.

Traditionally appeals are cut in half, more or less, upon appeal so Sexson is likely to come out of this with a three- or four-game suspension after having charged the mound and having thrown his batting helmet at Gabbard.

Felix Hernandez, who had to be restrained after the brawl started, and two Rangers, catcher Gerald Laird and pitcher Sidney Ponson, both were fined.