Jim Edmonds released

Steve9347

Per Rotoworld

Padres released outfielder Jim Edmonds.

That was quick. The Padres acquired Edmonds during the offseason and now cut him loose after 90 at-bats despite owing him $6 million. Edmonds has hit just .178/.265/.233 while showing decreased range in center field, but giving up on him this early is still plenty surprising.

He's been horrendous. It's funny how the entire baseball universe could tell Edmonds was done, yet someone who makes a decent salary decided to trade for him and take on over $6 million.

Edmonds had a decent career, I'd think he might be done. Decent career though, won a World Series, and at one point was regarded as one of the better homerun hitters and fielders in baseball.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Per Rotoworld

He's been horrendous. It's funny how the entire baseball universe could tell Edmonds was done, yet someone who makes a decent salary decided to trade for him and take on over $6 million.

Edmonds had a decent career, I'd think he might be done. Decent career though, won a World Series, and at one point was regarded as one of the better homerun hitters and fielders in baseball.

KW lucked out again. He tried trading for him, but Edmonds wouldn't waive his no trade.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 9, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Wow, teams are eating more and more salaries each year. Eventually teams will have more money tied up in released players than they have on their active roster, lol.

Maybe it'll teach teams to avoid some of these idiotic contracts. I don't know how so many baseball GM's can continuously be suckered by signing stupid FA contracts.

Bob

QUOTE (gosox41 @ May 9, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Maybe it'll teach teams to avoid some of these idiotic contracts. I don't know how so many baseball GM's can continuously be suckered by signing stupid FA contracts.

Bob

Ned Colletti says hi!