Sox (18-17) @ Seattle (14-24) 3:10 PM

G&T

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 11, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
Yes, that's good, but he can't strike anyone out anymore it looks like. Only 12 K's in over 50 innings of pitching. He's never been a big K guy, but that is pitiful. He's on pace for about 50 for the season.

Well, I've been told by people on here that Jenks' strikeout total doesn't matter, so I guess Garland's doesn't either. He is what he is...a solid #3 AL starter. We should have gotten more for him that a one-year rental.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 11, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
I already see it as a for-gone conclusion that Thome will be back with us next season... however, I hope next year we have Quentin in the 3-hole, with Thome in the 5 hole (with some righty on the bench who kills lefties to platoon with him).

Thome was valuable to this team the past two years because he crushed righty pitching. Now, he's really struggling with them as they get that slider in on his hands.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
Well, I've been told by people on here that Jenks' strikeout total doesn't matter, so I guess Garland's doesn't either. He is what he is...a solid #3 AL starter. We should have gotten more for him that a one-year rental.

Garland is a rental as well, who complained for the last 2 years about a knot in his shoulder.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)

I agree completely. But the Garland for Cabrera swap has been more stomach-able due to the fact Garland (yet) hasn't really lit the world on fire.

QUOTE (pcullotta @ May 11, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
I really don't like Swisher right now.

I always thought he was a crappy player with the A's, as he had a huge hole in his swing. It seems like all you have to do is put a little movement on the pitch, and he'll miss. His defense the last 10 games has been mind-blowingly bad.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 11, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
is the game over already? If so, mlb.com gameday is extremely slow.

For all intensive purposes.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 11, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
So what do you guys think is wrong with Swisher?

Well they are exploiting him low and away like the usual whitesox hitter. He looks like he is guessing up there as well. And he is trying to pull everything.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
Well they are exploiting him low and away like the usual whitesox hitter. He looks like he is guessing up there as well. And he is trying to pull everything.

He's starting his approach towards the pitcher WAY too early. How many broken bats must he have before they change his timing mechanism.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
He's starting his approach towards the pitcher WAY too early. How many broken bats must he have before they change his timing mechanism.

He is a vet, he can fix himself. Isn't that what we hear.