5/13 Gamethread: Sox (18-19) vs Angels (23-17); 9:05; WCIU

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 14, 2008 -> 02:58 AM)
yeah terrible call...first pitch was outside as well

I think the camera angle is off though, as there's been quite a few pitches that seemed off the plate. Sox sure have had a lot of full counts tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
Nasty pitch by Weaver, but our hitters need to realize he's going 3-2 change-up.

They havent figured out that pitchers are featuring 3-2 changeups all year long, why should tonight be different.

Changeups own the sox because they cheat and geek up trying to park anything straight.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
I think the camera angle is off though, as there's been quite a few pitches that seemed off the plate. Sox sure have had a lot of full counts tonight.

i have angels broadcast...looked away to me

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 14, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
They also need to realize that right field in fact is okay to hit to. It is not out.

I hate games like this, because just like the Marcum game from a few weeks ago, they're making it look like Weaver's throwing an invisible baseball.

Now the hitting coach is the toughest job in baseball according to Foghorn.

"If I went to six right handers and asked them to move closer to the plate, how many would listen" Foghorn

"None" Muppet

Then fire him, if no one listens to him then what is the purpose of having him.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 14, 2008 -> 03:10 AM)
Just got in. Tonight looks like the 10th pitcher this season to embarass the Sox. I used to list them but I am not that good of a typist.

I'll read the thread in the morning. Sad, I used to stay up and watch these games.....

The cubs lost to estes.

The Padres bullpen was phenomenal. Sox need to try and execute a hit-and-run to open up some holes.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
Now the hitting coach is the toughest job in baseball according to Foghorn.

"If I went to six right handers and asked them to move closer to the plate, how many would listen" Foghorn

"None" Muppet

Then fire him, if no one listens to him then what is the purpose of having him.

Well if everyone on the team can't hit and the hitting coach is giving them advice and no one is listening, then either the coach has no respect or the players don't care.