5/13 Gamethread: Sox (18-19) vs Angels (23-17); 9:05; WCIU

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:40 AM)
I feel like everyone is bashing Swish, and don't get me wrong he deserves most of it, but I feel we should be a lot more ticked off at Cabrera, the guy has been awful.

Way to go CQ! A rare miscue by Hunter.

At least OC will be gone in a few months. With Swisher, we all just want to see better contact at the plate, as he's going to be a major part of the Sox for the rest of this decade.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
I feel like everyone is bashing Swish, and don't get me wrong he deserves most of it, but I feel we should be a lot more ticked off at Cabrera, the guy has been awful.

I'm with you, so I just stay out of it. At least Swish has a respectable OBP and has a track record where I think he will get his average up...I hope. OC's OBP is down around .290 or so.

To quote Harry Doyle...at least the guys playing tonight didn't spike themselves. This lineup Williams built is a farce and he should admit it when it's time to pay the fiddler instead of patching it together with more aging, laborious, slow-footed, out of position hasbeens.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
according to Hawk tonight, all Walker can do is suggest things

It's frustrating enough just watching, but hearing those asinine comments only increase my anger

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
according to Hawk tonight, all Walker can do is suggest things

Honestly, he's pretty spot on there. You think some guy making 50 times what Walk makes is going to listen to something he says? Not a chance. There's a reason our veterans don't make adjustments. You think Walker doesn't see the things we all see?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:01 PM)
Dotel looks like he wasn't worth the money.

Yikes.

After we lose these 4 I hope we can take 2 of 3 from the Giants somehow to go 4-6 on trip.

He got out of a pretty big jam tonight, wouldn't you say? If we had a right fielder worth a s***, we wouldn't have been in the spot we were in.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2008 -> 12:01 AM)
Dotel looks like he wasn't worth the money.

Yikes.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about. We've got 5 five turds all making between $5M - $15M hitting below .230, all while lacking any sort of baseball acumen. And you're talking about Dotel because he gave up a single in the 8th inning?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:03 PM)
He got out of a pretty big jam tonight, wouldn't you say? If we had a right fielder worth a s***, we wouldn't have been in the spot we were in.

Yeah Dye-nosaur has just been awful in the field. He aged so quickly between 2006 and 2007. He makes me sick watching him "hustle" out in RF.

Also, why has everyone been so down on Dotel? Despite a rocky start, he has looked good of late, got out of a jam tonight and less than a week ago against the Twins he pitched 2 innings and struck out 5. I blame Thornton and Dye-nosaur for the run charged to him tonight. Sure he has an odd obsession with shoes, but hey, no big deal.