5/13 Gamethread: Sox (18-19) vs Angels (23-17); 9:05; WCIU

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:28 PM)
But we have him locked up for 5 years!! I hope KW looked into things surrounding his drop in power last season, etc.

I am not adverse to having Swisher on the team...I just think it costed too damn much for what we were getting (a mediocre defender who will hit you a .250 clip most years with some power) and then we stick his ass into a position he doesnt play at all well. The move was senseless.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
The guys OPS+ the last 2 years were 125 and 127. I'll agree that the trade is questionable after resigning Dye, but I don't think anyone expected CQ to have the start he had. OK, maybe he can't field, but he's more than the grinders they've rolled through here in the last few years (Erstad), he has been a legitimate hitter the last two years

I don't think anyone would have a problem with him if he were hitting.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:32 AM)
I really hate Dye-nosaur. Bench Thome for a few days, put Dye-nosaur at DH, put Anderson in at CF and Swish in right.

It's going to be fun watching Dye play in San Fran this weekend. Giants might get 3 triples a game.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:33 AM)
Thanks again for gutting our system for a marginal player KW, the changes in the offense from 2007 are completely noticeable!!!

Can we call Swisher "Nick Ritchie"? I'm already calling O. Cabrera "OClayton", as he reminds me so much of Royce.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
That run's on you Swisher. We're going to return from this west coast trip in 4th place in the AL Central.

Last I checked, we have 6 or 7 more to play. Give me a break.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
Lets get some production from the top of order form once. Lets get some production when we're down in the 9th for once. Lets get some f***ing production in general for once.

Welcome to SoxTalk. You'll fit right in...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 14, 2008 -> 04:37 AM)
Last I checked, we have 6 or 7 more to play. Give me a break.

This team just stinks. They're outclassed by the Angels, even with all of their injuries. The Sox don't match up very well in San Fran with the huge outfield and having to play PK over Thome.

I feel like everyone is bashing Swish, and don't get me wrong he deserves most of it, but I feel we should be a lot more ticked off at Cabrera, the guy has been awful.

Way to go CQ! A rare miscue by Hunter.