5/13 Gamethread: Sox (18-19) vs Angels (23-17); 9:05; WCIU

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 14, 2008 -> 03:41 AM)
Is weaver looking that good. We looking that bad or a little bit a both. Don't have WCIU out here.

He does look good tonight, but our hitters have the same approach as usual against him. And now, Danks hits the leadoff hitter.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
Is weaver looking that good. We looking that bad or a little bit a both. Don't have WCIU out here.

Everyone is seeing a lot of pitches. Weaver can't locate breaking balls real well. Lucky for him, throwing straight fastballs on the outer half is enough to destroy the Sox.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
Everyone is seeing a lot of pitches. Weaver can't locate breaking balls real well. Lucky for him, throwing straight fastballs on the outer half is enough to destroy the Sox.

You forget, he is throwing the changeup. The pitch that hawks says looks like a fastball, but slower. I love that explanation.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
You forget, he is throwing the changeup. The pitch that hawks says looks like a fastball, but slower. I love that explanation.

Well you know, the curveball moves at about the same speed as one of those changeups except it curves.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)

Well what's the point in trying if the pitcher can throw at different speeds.

Looks like trouble for Danks.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)
Absolutely...Ozzie showed yesterday he's not going to walk Vlad early on. And if he does walk him, then you have them loaded for Hunter.

I thought you were being sarcastic. That's like the equivalent of having Quentin bunt. It's kind of a waste of an at-bat.