Player/Coach/Office and their best moments/moves

Texsox

KW: Estaban Loiza coming and going - bought low, sold high

Ozzie: bringin in Jenks with the "big boy gesture"

AJ: - Dropped third strike run

Crede: - Walk off

Konerko: Game ball to JR

Uribe's 9th inning in game 4...not sure which was his best move, but that was definitely his shining moment.

Sadly, it doesn't get enough credit. It's fantastic how much ESPN will slurp Jeter's two fantastic plays - the Giambi cutoff throw where Giambi is safe at home yet is called out and his diving into the stands play - yet both of Uribe's plays in that 9th inning are far superior defensive plays to Jeter's given the moment and the difficulty. Uribe actually went into the stands to catch the ball, whereas Jeter just decided it would be cool to jump into the stands for visual effect, and Uribe's throwout of Palmeiro defines the perfect play defensive fundamentals...he charged the ball, made a very quick exchange between glove and hand, and threw a perfect missile to 1B. I don't think there's any other SS in baseball that could have made that play (in 2005 atleast).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:31 AM)
Uribe's 9th inning in game 4...not sure which was his best move, but that was definitely his shining moment.

Sadly, it doesn't get enough credit. It's fantastic how much ESPN will slurp Jeter's two fantastic plays - the Giambi cutoff throw where Giambi is safe at home yet is called out and his diving into the stands play - yet both of Uribe's plays in that 9th inning are far superior defensive plays to Jeter's given the moment and the difficulty. Uribe actually went into the stands to catch the ball, whereas Jeter just decided it would be cool to jump into the stands for visual effect, and Uribe's throwout of Palmeiro defines the perfect play defensive fundamentals...he charged the ball, made a very quick exchange between glove and hand, and threw a perfect missile to 1B. I don't think there's any other SS in baseball that could have made that play (in 2005 atleast).

I wish I had a dime for every time I make this same argument, especially to Yankee fans. The only thing I can say is what the hell was Jeter doing standing on the first base line? It is pretty nuts.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 13, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
AJ: The walk-off vs. the Dodgers in '05.

I was there!

How about gooch when he hit a grand slam and a 3-run homer in the 8th and 9th innings against the astros to put the game in extras when we were down 8 runs...i know we ended up losing that game but it was still incredible.

AJ's could either be when he hit the HR off of dempster or the walk-off against the dodgers

Jim Thome - Walk off #500

Iguchi: 3 run homer against Wells in Game 2 of ALDS

Crede: walk off homer against David Riske

Shingo: being so bad in 2005 it forced Hermanson, and then Jenks, into closer role

Thome: homer off of Anthony Reyes in 1-0 win.

Ozuna: walk off bunt vs the A's.