How many songs are on your computer/iPod?

SoxFan1

Kinda a spin-off of the music thread, but I'm curious, how many songs are on your music player or computer?

Right now, my iPod is rocking 1849 songs totaling 8.15 GB. Thats 4 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes, and 44 seconds worth of music.

This has been a growing compilation since I was 17 years old on my old man's computer. When I went to college, I burned the 5k+ I had aleady acquired to data disc (that was a lot of discs, btw) and put them on another computer. Used a buddies external harddrive to transfer from that next computer to the one I currently have.

I just keep downloading new stuff and figure it's always nice to be able to select all the songs and play random through the stereo. Sure, I hate a lot of the s*** or it has gone really really bad, but it's still cool!

I'm not sure but probably somewhere between 4000 and 5000. Mostly from the Napster days when it was all free, and/or before they started cracking down on peer-to-peer file sharing. I download a lot less than I used to.

I borrowed a buddies USB record player and converted all my old vinyl. Then did the same with my CDs and cassettes. If my mom hadn't have sold off my 8-tracks, the count would be even higher.

3,000 songs 14.35 GB 8 days worth. And I'd guess almost 100% legit. I do have some bootlegs (thanks again) and some odds and ends.

for my I-Pod I didn't know any better and went through my CDs and only put my favorites of an album on there (subsequently I realized I could have put them all on and just created a massive playlist of my favorites). Some albums are on whole, (All the Bad Religion albums, the first Weezer, and probably about 20-30 others). Some day i will rectify my mistake and put all my entire CDs on there. 1361 is the count on my I-Pod plus one video, the awesome aerobic class inspired "Call on Me" video

About 10,000 on my iTunes, but usually no more than 1000 on my ipod. I have 2, one I keep loaded with classical music only, and the other I reload to suit my whims. I also have a brand new 8GB Zune I am looking to get rid of. Too much hassle to get it to work with my itunes stuff.

2,322 songs...

All of which I like and will listen to at any time. I personally don't like it when people brag about how many songs they have, but don't know a bunch of them b/c they just download entire soundtracks. Like my roommate who has about 6,000 songs but if you look at his "play count," there are probably about 2,000 that he has never played.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 16, 2008 -> 01:00 AM)
2,322 songs...

All of which I like and will listen to at any time. I personally don't like it when people brag about how many songs they have, but don't know a bunch of them b/c they just download entire soundtracks. Like my roommate who has about 6,000 songs but if you look at his "play count," there are probably about 2,000 that he has never played.

I collect music. For instance, I have all the Beatles stuff, but I dislike the Beatles. I also like to give people music who don't have the totally illegal access I have to it. But there are certain things you'll never find on my collection, like... Blink 182 or Good Charlotte. f*** that.

I don't listen to it all, no, but one day I might. I used to download jazz years ago and never listened to it. Now I listen to it just about every night.

I also have a smaller HD that I can put into my pocket that I put my "essentials" on if I go out of town or whatever.

The way I look at it, you can never have too much music, but certainly too little. Plus I don't pay a dime for it (here come the moral police... and the FBI.)

Edited by BobDylan