5/14 Games -> Egbert rocked again

Heads22

Syracuse @ Charlotte

Egbert with 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, and 6 K so far.

Getz with a 2-2 game so far.

http://birmingham.barons.milb.com/milb/sta...47&sid=t247

BHam loses 3-1

nothing of note, really

http://warthogs.com/content/News/items/New...4_19-39-32?c=on

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...ox&did=milb

Hogs lose 12-11

Allen hits for the cycle.

The Shelbster goes deep again.

Matt Long does bad.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...delafx_kanafx_1

Kanny tied at 3.

Morales with 2 hits.

Lowe with control issues.

why is Adam Lind not in the majors? I mean, I understand some love for retreads Wilkerson and Mench as much as the next guy, but he's tearing the cover off the ball.

Anyways, Getz ends up 4-4 with a walk, homer, and 3 runs...just had a monster game. Up to .298/.360/.484/.844 on the year and I think you have to see a call up in his future. He looks solid as hell.

oh yeah, and Eldred had two more hits to raise his average to .301. Not that it matters a lot, I just happen to like Eldred.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2008 -> 01:59 AM)
why is Adam Lind not in the majors? I mean, I understand some love for retreads Wilkerson and Mench as much as the next guy, but he's tearing the cover off the ball.

Anyways, Getz ends up 4-4 with a walk, homer, and 3 runs...just had a monster game. Up to .298/.360/.484/.844 on the year and I think you have to see a call up in his future. He looks solid as hell.

oh yeah, and Eldred had two more hits to raise his average to .301. Not that it matters a lot, I just happen to like Eldred.

If Richar doesnt pan out this year we might open up next season with Getz as the starting 2B. Ive always been a big fan of Getz even though his ceiling is seemingly limited.

Way to go Brandon Allen, gotta love those people born on 02/12/1986. Actually, he's been on fire lately and is up to .305/.346/.594/.939 this year. He still doesn't walk enough (especially with as much as he strikes out), but he hits for pretty good average and has very good power as a big, lefty batting 1st basemen.

As for Getz, I thought last year that he'd be a better option that Richar long term once he was ready, so yeah i'm a huge fan. He doesn't stand out as much, but he's a very solid all around player, and we don't really have many guys like that. Steady influences up the middle are always a plus, and I think he'll be ready to provide that by next year, if not earlier.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:07 AM)
Way to go Brandon Allen, gotta love those people born on 02/12/1986. Actually, he's been on fire lately and is up to .305/.346/.594/.939 this year. He still doesn't walk enough (especially with as much as he strikes out), but he hits for pretty good average and has very good power as a big, lefty batting 1st basemen.

As for Getz, I thought last year that he'd be a better option that Richar long term once he was ready, so yeah i'm a huge fan. He doesn't stand out at much, but he's a very solid all around player, and we don't really have many guys like that. Steady influences up the middle are always a plus, and I think he'll be ready to provide that by next year, if not earlier.

A lotta love for the pride of Montgomery Texas!