5/15 gamethread: Sox (19-20) vs Angels (24-18); CSN; 9:05

QUOTE (Brian @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:38 PM)
SoxFan, I like you man, but if they are unbearable, don't come in. You tell Beast to stay out of the drunk thread a few times.

:cheers

This is a White Sox message board. The fact that people can't even participate in game threads is beyond ridiculous. Sorry if I enjoy discussing my favorite team with fellow fans without hearing retarded overreactions after every play.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 16, 2008 -> 05:41 AM)
40 games into the season and Ramirez still has that long ass swing.

way to do your job Walker!

So you're saying that pulling a slow, offspeed pitch over the 3rd base dugout isn't good hitting, and you're not the next Gary Sheffield? The reason Gary Sheffield was so good was that he could take that same swing, and keep it fair.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:41 PM)
This is a White Sox message board. The fact that people can't even participate in game threads is beyond ridiculous. Sorry if I enjoy discussing my favorite team with fellow fans without hearing retarded overreactions after every play.

Don't take what I said out of context. Just enter at your own risk.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
I can't believe Darren Oliver just made our hitters look so feeble. Ramirez better try to steal against this pitcher. Dear KW...please find a 2nd baseman if Uribe has to go on the DL. The Soriano/Sheffield player with a .300 OPS won't do.

When DJ just compared him to Sheffield in his ability to FOUL A PITCH INTO THE STANDS I almost threw up. Yahoo, DJ. He foul a pitch real good.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
ohh, in the past 10 games, he's been hitting .320? wow, that's fantastic!

Well, did you know in the past 10 games he has had only 3 rbi's, has scored only 3 runs, and has cost us runs with his defense?

Yeah, his slugging percentage has actually somehow gone DOWN in that time. Singles don't make up for game changing error after game changing error.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2008 -> 05:43 AM)
Yeah, his slugging percentage has actually somehow gone DOWN in that time. Singles don't make up for game changing error after game changing error.

I could only imagine the outrage if a certain player on the DL in the minors had 4 game changing errors.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 15, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
I forgot it was totally his fault he only had 3 RBI's and not anyone in the f***ing lineup could get on base in front of him. Cough Konerko cough Thome cough Swisher.

I don't think anyone is making the point that Konerko, Thome, and Swisher haven't sucked. Pretty much the whole offense sucks outside of 2 people. And no one should get a free pass. Right now, you are defending, quite frankly, s***ty play.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:45 PM)
Fantastic overall game for Mr. Cabrera, he's been so impressive this season. I'll never understand why the Sox always try to steal with 2 strikes. It's a great way to distract the hitter.

He just seems weak to me for some reason.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 16, 2008 -> 04:46 AM)
Is there really any reason to sign OC after this season?!?....no. I'll take Juan over this dude any day of the week.

Absolutely not...if he signs with the Sox during the season, it's for the sole reason that he's worried his stock has dropped so much. Let him play out this year, and then pray the Giants sign him to replace Vizquel. Take the two compensation picks, and beat yourself up that the Astros wouldn't give you Pence after the 2006 season.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 16, 2008 -> 12:46 AM)
Is there really any reason to sign OC after this season?!?....no. I'll take Juan over this dude any day of the week.

wow. it's mid-May. I guess there is no hope for Ryan Howard or Prince Fielder either. Ocab is solid with the glove and I am sure he will get to his career averages before the year is over, relax.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 16, 2008 -> 04:48 AM)
wow. it's mid-May. I guess there is no hope for Ryan Howard or Prince Fielder either. Ocab is solid with the glove and I am sure he will get to his career averages before the year is over, relax.

Ryan Howard's up to 9 homers, and IIRC, he's always been a late starter. OC has not been good with the glove so far. He's got some very favorable official scoring, or else he could have 5-7 errors.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)

Well the fact he has lot a step with the glove due to age won't change, and neither will his awful career .719 OPS and mediocre .320 on base percentage lifetime that we have hitting leadoff (although that's not OC's fault).