5/15 gamethread: Sox (19-20) vs Angels (24-18); CSN; 9:05

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
Thome really could of gotten on the right path with that AB, but now I'm not sure he will ever bust out.

2 guys I thought were going to crush Garland. Thome and Crede. Their swings are taylor made for the Garland type sinkerballer.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
Okay if Konerko's hand is that bad, he needs to rest for a few games or on the DL.

edit: They have him icing the hand between innings.

They'd be so much better right now if they let Anderson play CF and Swisher play 1b.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
They'd be so much better right now if they let Anderson play CF and Swisher play 1b.

I don't want to start anything, but Anderson still has to prove he can actually hit. However, he would add defense and some speed.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 16, 2008 -> 03:15 AM)
I don't want to start anything, but Anderson still has to prove he can actually hit. However, he would add defense and some speed.

PK and Thome have to prove they can hit this season also. Hopefully CQ's playing in to have a play at the plate.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 15, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
what exactly is wrong with OK's hand?

They are saying its a bone bruise. I had something like that before taking an early march pitch in on the hands. Even with the aluminum bat, it hurt like hell. For a month or so, my hand just hurt like hell when my bat made contact with any part of the bat besides the sweet spot, any vibrations and the hand hurt like hell. The odd thing with that injury, everything else feels fine. Only pressing on the bone a bit, or batting hurts.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 15, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
BA's looked more impressive than Thome lately.

Define lately.

BA over the last 7 days: .167/.167/.417/.583.

I really have no idea why Brian Anderson gets so much hype here. He's a marginal major league player with a really solid glove.