5/15 gamethread: Sox (19-20) vs Angels (24-18); CSN; 9:05

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
Define lately.

BA over the last 7 days: .167/.167/.417/.583.

I really have no idea why Brian Anderson gets so much hype here. He's a marginal major league player with a really solid glove.

And Thome's hitting .150 over that same time period.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 15, 2008 -> 10:25 PM)
Carlos Quentin has some type of magic in his bat.

he's gonna hit another bomb and an umpire is going to call it an out, because he has too much magic on his bat.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 15, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
Define lately.

BA over the last 7 days: .167/.167/.417/.583.

I really have no idea why Brian Anderson gets so much hype here. He's a marginal major league player with a really solid glove.

I agree with you. Anderson is a classic bench player. He's looks good against the right match ups and in short spurts, but over a long period of time he is exposed.

Meanwhile, I love his defense and I think he saves a lot of runs. At this point, I don't know if Anderson saves more runs than Thome creates.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2008 -> 03:39 AM)
So has PK had this bone bruise for a while now or is this just from tonights swing?

For a while....and I'm sick of hearing it as an excuse. DL him if it's that bad. And BTW, Thme is now under .200.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
For a while....and I'm sick of hearing it as an excuse. DL him if it's that bad. And BTW, Thme is now under .200.

Well he really looks in pain tonight, but I agree. DL him for a couple weeks and hope it gets better. This team can cover for a 1st baseman

QUOTE (G&T @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
Well he really looks in pain tonight, but I agree. DL him for a couple weeks and hope it gets better. This team can cover for a 1st baseman

My guess would be Owens would get a callup then with a platoon in CF.

I agree, he looks like he's hurtin.

Nice single by Crede.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)

Uribe is actually batting higher than Thome by .001.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Uribe is actually batting higher than Thome by .001.

Uribe has been pretty good since changing his stance. He's walking more this season and has been hitting pretty well the past 2 weeks or so. Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's just his performance compared to the rest of the offense sans JD and CQ.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
Can we get some runs to take the pressure off of our pitchers?

No. And they will also play shaky defense to make things that much more interesting.