Hurricane Evacuation Plans

Texsox

This is being reported here. Changes to the hurricane evacuation procedures.

In the event of a hurricane hitting my little corner of the United States, as 300,000+ of us are fleeing north and west, we will be required to prove citizenship. Those that cannot prove US citizenship, or other legal status to be traveling north of the interior border checkpoint, will be detained in the hurricane zone. There are basically three routes out of this area. Of those three, one will probably not be a choice due to its proximity to the coast. The second hugs the US/Mexico border and the Rio Grande River and really does not go anywhere the majority of people will be going. So we will have over 150,000 people traveling up 281 and all will be required to stop at the interior checkpoint.

Brilliant! I'm trying to get my ass and my family to safety, and we're going to be in an even worse grid lock as we stop and show them our papers. And God help any one of us if we forget as we haul ass out of there.

Maybe it's just me, but I think getting people out of an area in the line of a natural disaster ASAP is more important for national security than a stupid plan that might catch a few illegals. Politics taking precedence over the peoples best interest, as usual.

And I'm not certain if I was clear, but this is not THE border, this is the checkpoint about 50 miles inside the country. The only comment I've heard so far that makes some sense to me was basically it should be citizens first on the buses. If I did not watch a TV news report I would have thought this was urban legend. I have faith this will be changed.