AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

I saw Gavin in the 2nd (I honestly had better things to do. Honestly). His breaking balls looked inconsistent and, when in the zone, s***ty. I'm clueless as to how he threw any amount of shutout innings, let alone 6.

Fantastic. HE'S MY BOY.

I have no idea how Floyd pitched 6 shutout innings. Oh wait -- the Giants lineup sucks worse than the Sox' even. A good team punishes Floyd for the dozen or so hanging breaking balls he left up and over the plate. A bad team fouls them off or makes outs and that's what the Giants did.

Credit Gavin for having the guts to keep throwing strikes though. He smartly realized that only way the Giants were going to get a big inning is if he gave it to them with walks. Turns out they couldn't even get a run.

Sox' inability to hit LHP is ridiculous. Perhaps Ramirez will find something against them. I have to say, other than Cabrera and Uribe back to back I'm enjoying the new lineup, feels much more balanced all the way through.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 17, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
I have no idea how Floyd pitched 6 shutout innings. Oh wait -- the Giants lineup sucks worse than the Sox' even. A good team punishes Floyd for the dozen or so hanging breaking balls he left up and over the plate. A bad team fouls them off or makes outs and that's what the Giants did.

Credit Gavin for having the guts to keep throwing strikes though. He smartly realized that only way the Giants were going to get a big inning is if he gave it to them with walks. Turns out they couldn't even get a run.

Sox' inability to hit LHP is ridiculous. Perhaps Ramirez will find something against them. I have to say, other than Cabrera and Uribe back to back I'm enjoying the new lineup, feels much more balanced all the way through.

Sanchez has some good stuff, dont let his ERA fool you. He misses alot of bats.

Gavin had a decent sinker last night which helped him out, I like how he leans on his different fastballs at varying speeds to compensate for having no curve. He was hitting the mid 90's at times.