5/17 gamethread: Sox (21-20) vs Giants (17-26) 8:05, WGN

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 17, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
Cheap single. Other than that, Mark's been looking better today.

Hmm, I don't see it....there are some real screamers that have been hit, combined with plenty of full counts so far, I don't know...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 17, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
Hmm, I don't see it....there are some real screamers that have been hit, combined with plenty of full counts so far, I don't know...

He's been getting a ton of grounders today.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 17, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
He's been getting a ton of grounders today.

Well, we can certainly both agree that Barry Zito fell off the "Good pitcher" tree and hit the bottom with a resounding thud.....wow...

I don't get why we haven't tried more hit-and-runs or put runners in motion tonight. Especially with Ozuna at the plate and OC on base. Also, Dye's having just a terrible game. He's had quite a few opportunities to blow this game wide open.

Edited by fathom

watching Dye on Konerko has become flat out depressing, to be unable to make even solid contact in so many at bats for guys of their stature is mind boggling. Dye is an automatic RISP popup, and PK an automatic dribbler to short, not just on the ground, but on the ground slower than my 6yr old hits em

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
Well, here goes the bad defensive effort behind Buehrle again. Should be a 5 run game or so...but Giants are right in this.

should be 7-0, easily, a single in three different situations could have brought in 5 more runs. I cringed when I saw Hall and Ozuna in the lineup, who'd a thunk they would not be the problem