5/17 gamethread: Sox (21-20) vs Giants (17-26) 8:05, WGN

Im going to go insane watching Konerko and Dye hitting (or trying to hit)

Can anyone tell me how many runners Dye has stranded in the last two weeks? 30? Honestly? He is 0 for the last two weeks with RISP

BA should be put in CF, and Swisher at 1b, --- either konerko or dye needs to sit

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ May 17, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Im going to go insane watching Konerko and Dye hitting (or trying to hit)

Can anyone tell me how many runners Dye has stranded in the last two weeks? 30? Honestly? He is 0 for the last two weeks with RISP

BA should be put in CF, and Swisher at 1b, --- either konerko or dye needs to sit

amen to that, enough is enough!!!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
I hate the National League. Up to OC to avoid 11 left on in 5 innings.

I've officially had it with the veterans, time to let them sit and think about their careers while the young guys (who cannot possibly do any worse than 11 LOB each game) get some time

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 18, 2008 -> 03:41 AM)
I've officially had it with the veterans, time to let them sit and think about their careers while the young guys (who cannot possibly do any worse than 11 LOB each game) get some time

I'm ready for Brad Eldred over Konerko for 15 days.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
OC runs in quick sand....11 left on in 5 innings is inexcusable against this pathetic pitcher.

116 pitches thru 5 innings, 6 walks and 8 hits, yet we only have 2 runs without hitting into a DP. That is really hard to do.

So nice to not have an automatic out at backup Catcher. This is the Hall we signed.

Oh come on. He's facing Zito.

Coming into tonight his line was .241/.241/.310 and that was after he posted a .466 OPS last year.

We better give Zito his 8th loss. He had a WHIP of damn near 3 tonight and we only got two runs off him. :angry:

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 18, 2008 -> 03:46 AM)
Good. It's starting to heat up. Eldred wild whiffing swings should assist Thome, Swisher and Ramirez in cooling off the crowd.

At least he might run into a pitch once every week. PK's worthless on this roster with his hand injury. The easy solution of course would be putting Anderson in CF and Swisher at 1b, while calling up Wise to be a back-up outfielder.