5/17 gamethread: Sox (21-20) vs Giants (17-26) 8:05, WGN

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 18, 2008 -> 04:26 AM)
Nice outing...but one hitter too many IMO.

I had no problem with Buehrle facing Holm...rather face him that have Dotel face Fred Lewis. I just thought he needed to challenge him more.

I was playing Wii earlier, and my wife hit a homer against me in baseball. It has to be a lowlight of my sporting career. That, or hitting a possible Hall of Fame baseball player in the nuts with a fastball (Granderson).

I don't sweat Dye's low RBI total too much myself really, as he had pretty much no shot in hell early on to drive in runs, not with Thome and Konerko automatic outs in front of him. He'll get his RBIs

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)
I was playing Wii earlier, and my wife hit a homer against me in baseball. It has to be a lowlight of my sporting career. That, or hitting a possible Hall of Fame baseball player in the nuts with a fastball (Granderson).

i hate wii for the sole reason that chicks like to play it

QUOTE (aprec32 @ May 17, 2008 -> 11:34 PM)
Anyone willing to begin a boycott of Hawk saying "stretch"....It's beginning to get a little rediculous!

haha pretty soon itll be stretch on the infield fly

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)

Now if you hit Granderson in the nuts with a Wii remote, that would be classic.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 18, 2008 -> 04:36 AM)
Now if you hit Granderson in the nuts with a Wii remote, that would be classic.

The funny thing was that Granderson's junior year, he was probably the 4th best hitter on his high school team.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
The funny thing was that Granderson's junior year, he was probably the 4th best hitter on his high school team.

It amazing how it plays out. I've seen guys tear it up in H.S. and are out of the sport the first year of college. I am sure the distractions don't help.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 18, 2008 -> 03:39 AM)
It amazing how it plays out. I've seen guys tear it up in H.S. and are out of the sport the first year of college. I am sure the distractions don't help.

Anyone in the Oak Forest area remember Rocco Mossuto? He was the best player I ever played with or against, and he didn't even play D1 and never sniffed pro ball.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Anyone in the Oak Forest area remember Rocco Mossuto? He was the best player I ever played with or against, and he didn't even play D1 and never sniffed pro ball.

I was from Carl Sandburg 88-92, and he doesn't sound familiar.

From Wikipedia:

Rocco Mossuto (1997) Former Italian Baseball League Star/ Popular Bartender Double Play Saloon
Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 18, 2008 -> 04:42 AM)
I was from Carl Sandburg 88-92, and he doesn't sound familiar.

Class of '97...his dad owns that bar. We had many team parties there after traveling games....and by no means were we 21, if you know what I mean.

Edited by fathom