5/18 gamethread: Sox vs Giants

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
I saw that the other day...I really liked it. How often are new episodes played? Also, I had never heard of Gillingham before. He was at NIU when I was there for my Master's.

He went there after he went to Purdue for a couple of years. I went to school with him at Purdue and then he transferred to get more playing time at NIU.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ May 18, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)
He went there after he went to Purdue for a couple of years. I went to school with him at Purdue and then he transferred to get more playing time at NIU.

The guy who parachuted into the back of the center field wall was priceless.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 18, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
Are you kidding me? We haven't been able to keep a lead all game and Jenks has been used a few days in a row.

I won't lie. i had some big thing typed up about how i wouldnt take my chances with him hitting. whoops

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 18, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
Late inning runs, no Thome...coincidence??

I like Thome and all, but I've always felt he's a clog in the lineup. And with the shift being effective against him, until further notice I don't expect a lot from him except the occasional homer.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 18, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
i think that's the huge problem we have. we are the exact opposite of patient at the plate. we cant work a count for s***. i really feel greg walker needs to go and soon.

Walker had a great day at the plate today.

Also the Sox are 3rd in the AL in walks. The exact opposite of the opposite of patient at the plate.