Jon Lester No hits the Royals

Kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 19, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
Prepare thyself for ESPN coverage of the greatest no-hitter in the history of all mankind

Yeah, slightly better than Bucholz's no-hitter from last year, a close number 2.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 19, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
Prepare thyself for ESPN coverage of the greatest no-hitter in the history of all mankind

i f***ing hate the red sox...be glad you dont live within the shadow of fenway...i can hear the morons cheering already

I didn't get to watch it, but ESPN really pissed me off when they were saying Buehrle's nono was not a dominant one and it shouldn't have been a no hitter. They also said that there were too many good plays by the defense that kept it a no hitter. I felt like slapping all of them and asking them when is there a no hitter with crappy defense?

Okay, now that my rant is over, congrats to Lester.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 19, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
Good for him...kid battled cancer just a couple years back. I dont care if you hate the Red Sox or not, this is a good story

:cheers:

"yeah but it was the good hodgkins....im not saying its a great hodgkins"

0000034611_20061021005246.jpg

in all seriousness, you're right, i have respect for guys like lester and lowell and am happy for them as individuals....but i just wish they wore a different uniform

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ May 19, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
I didn't get to watch it, but ESPN really pissed me off when they were saying Buehrle's nono was not a dominant one and it shouldn't have been a no hitter. They also said that there were too many good plays by the defense that kept it a no hitter. I felt like slapping all of them and asking them when is there a no hitter with crappy defense?

Wait, all due congratulations to Lester but...

Did they REALLY say that about Buehrle? That is so ludicrous. I can't believe they need to compare no hitters rather than acknowledge the accomplishment itself.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ May 19, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)

what about lesters? the play by lugo and ellsbury? <_>

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 19, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)

Congrats to Lester, great story coming back & all, but...

8 of the top 11 stories at MLB.com are related to this.

• Votebook: Charms at third | VOTE NOW

• Padres' Peavy headed to disabled list

• Lester, Francona share emotional moment

• Dig In: Experience MLB.com, get free stuff

• Singer: Lester's feat special in many ways

• Ellsbury's catch factors in Lester's no-no

• Lester's no-no a record fourth for Varitek

• Red Sox add to storied no-hitter history

• Youth of the Nation: Lester follows Clay

• Lester's precision wows Royals most

• Royals victims of Lester's no-hitter

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ May 19, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)

Who was it who said that? Just curious.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ May 20, 2008 -> 10:07 AM)

I think it was Skip Bayless on Cold Pizza or some bs. Nothing that was too big of a deal. Actually I think they were comparing Verlander's vs Buherle's... and really it was no question as to who was more dominant in their respective performance. A pitcher like MB is gonna need some luck and help to get an accomplishment like that.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ May 20, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)

I honestly don't remember. I was channel surfing at the time and when I heard that I just changed the channel.

I think it was Skip, but again I really don't remember. Either way for them to talk crap like that about a no hitter makes no sense.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ May 20, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
I think it was Skip Bayless on Cold Pizza or some bs. Nothing that was too big of a deal. Actually I think they were comparing Verlander's vs Buherle's... and really it was no question as to who was more dominant in their respective performance. A pitcher like MB is gonna need some luck and help to get an accomplishment like that.

Any pitcher needs help and luck to do that, but I know what you mean. Saying one performance is more dominant than another doesn't bother me, really, but saying, "it shouldn't have been a no hitter", or something like that, seems classless.