Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
Not many did.

I expected him to play like this early next year...

Thats about what I thought. I think he has figured out that he is physically more talented than most other guys he faces, so his confidence grows every time he steps on the floor.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 08:14 AM)
Former NBA player Rodney Rogers paralyzed in accident.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3744237

Absolutely horrible news. Something like this is horrible to happen to anybody, but Rogers was known as one of the good guys in the NBA when he played and has done a lot of good things since he stopped playing as well. Hopefully he can live a full life and gain as much health back as possible, but what a tragic story that is.

Hmmm;

Time to Move Tyrus?: Count yours truly as one of many people that saw a new side of Tyrus Thomas this summer. He was truly a boy becoming a man, and understanding what it means to be a professional player at this levels. He was one of the first guys in the gym. He stayed longer than he was supposed to, he gave a 100% effort and really showed marketed improvement on many level. Those around him noticed, the Bulls themselves even noticed and promised a bigger better role for Tyrus this season. That's what makes Saturday's 117-110 win over the Wizards even more bittersweet. The Bulls are starting to turn a corner, but it does not include Tyrus Thomas, who logged just five minutes in that game. Bulls' head coach Vinny Del Negro has soured on Thomas and second year player Joakim Noah, who received a DNP – Coaches' Decision on Saturday as well. Del Negro seems to be moving on, which is unfortunate because Tyrus has put in the work and really improved, the problem is Del Negro wants the player playing Tyrus' role to be a spot up jump shooter, something Tyrus clearly is not. It's really time for the Bulls to make a decision on Thomas – if they are not going to use him and his skill set, maybe it's time to let the young man go elsewhere in trade. Despite a dismal season this far there are plenty of teams that would take Tyrus. The question becomes who has the outside shooting that Vinny Del Negro so desperately needs. One thing is clear, the Bulls are headed in a new direction and Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah do not look to be part of that future.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 08:01 AM)
Awesome use of the 2 top 10 picks that were gift-wrapped for Eddy Curry.

The Noah pick was a stupid pick from day one and Tyrus was a flat out risky pick. I won't be sad at all to see Noah go and in Tyrus' case if he doesn't fit he doesn't fit. Noah is terrible though, terrible. The problem is, those were two lotto picks supposed to fill our so called need down low and neither did jack s***. Pax should be fired.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
The Noah pick was a stupid pick from day one and Tyrus was a flat out risky pick. I won't be sad at all to see Noah go and in Tyrus' case if he doesn't fit he doesn't fit. Noah is terrible though, terrible. The problem is, those were two lotto picks supposed to fill our so called need down low and neither did jack s***. Pax should be fired.

How does he even still have a job? Because he was part of the Dynasty a decade ago? So was Randy Brown. Maybe he needs a job.

How much better is this team with Spencer Hawes instead of Joakim Noah and LaMarcus Aldridge instead of Tyrus?

Of course, then you get into the whole "had they done that the lottery balls would all have been different and then no D-Rose".

So in light of everything, I'll take D-Rose.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
I was finally right about something. I hated the Aldridge for Tyrus trade when it happened and hate it now and seems others are finally joining me. 1 out of a 1000 isn't bad.

Same here. I think EVERYBODY thought LaMarcus would be better than Tyrus though, except John Paxson. :unsure: Combine that with the awful Noah pick, and here we are, although had Tyrus OR Noah been worth a damn last year, the Bulls probably make the playoffs and thus don't have Rose.

Speaking of Rose, apparently he cut his arm with a knife and needed 10 stitches. He's fine according to WSCR, but damn how strange.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
Speaking of Rose, apparently he cut his arm with a knife and needed 10 stitches. He's fine according to WSCR, but damn how strange.

WSCR-AM (670) first reported that Rose rolled over onto a knife he was using to carve an apple while in bed. It's hard to believe that's what happened, but it's also hard to believe Rose could come up with that one if it wasn't true. "It was a silly accident," Rose said. He's expected to play against the Knicks on Tuesday.

After Jay Williams' career was ended with a motorcycle accident, I would have sobbed had Rose's ended due to an apple.

Jason Richardson to the Suns. That should be interesting.

Jason Richardson has been traded to the Suns along with Jared Dudley and a 2010 second-round pick in exchange for Boris Diaw, Raja Bell and Sean Singletary.

The deal is still pending physicals, but playing with Steve Nash should only do good things for Richardson's value, while Diaw could potentially emerge as the Bobcats starting power forward and is a worthwhile waiver wire target. Raja Bell's limited value probably doesn't change much with the deal, though he may not attempt quite as many treys in Charlotte.

I don't get that trade at all from Charlotte's perspective. Richardson is the best player in the deal by a fairly wide margin and they don't really save any money either. Bell's 5 mil salary does come off the payroll in 2010, but Diaw is likely there until 2012 (player option) while Richardson will be off the books in 2011. Looks like a steal for the Suns.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
I don't get that trade at all from Charlotte's perspective. Richardson is the best player in the deal by a fairly wide margin and they don't really save any money either. Bell's 5 mil salary does come off the payroll in 2010, but Diaw is likely there until 2012 (player option) while Richardson will be off the books in 2011. Looks like a steal for the Suns.

Agreed. Jason Richardson should fit well with Nash and the Suns.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
Magic would play either Boston or Cleveland in the 2nd round, and there is no way in hell they could beat either of those teams.

I still have a little doubt on Cleveland amazingly enough.

It does look like a Cavs vs. Celtics conference series though, with the Magic the bonafide 3rd team in the East, with the Hawks and Pistons a tier below them.