Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Let's not get carried away here, dude. There's about 10 games off the top of my head I can think of that had more significance involving the Bulls/Jordan that were way better than that one.

It was awesome, but get real!

I'm in the moment, dude. I'm not being realistic. I'm cherishing this

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
I watched Jordan. That was the most incredible basketball game i've ever seen.

Edit: Said in the heat of the moment. Not for real, but top ten

Maybe Jordan with the Wizards, this did not even compare to M. Jeff clutch finals games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
Rose played good, but you have to wonder how much better we'd be with a post scorer like Beasley.

hahahahahaha get real. PG> Swingman

edit: and yes I said swingman until he gains about 30 pounds

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 07:53 PM)
hahahahahaha get real. PG> Swingman

edit: and yes I said swingman until he gains about 30 pounds

Did I have to use green? I'm a huge fan of Rose, and despise Beasley. That was as pumped up about a Bulls win as I can ever recall. Vin Del Negro was cracking me up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
Rose played good, but you have to wonder how much better we'd be with a post scorer like Beasley.

I read an article online which quoted Pat Riley saying that Michael Beasley would lead the league in scoring if he played as many minutes as Wade, James or Bryant. But that he always gives up more points than he could score. So probably not any better than we are with Rose

I love Derrick Rose. I love Tyrus Thomas. Mr. Noah is quickly becomming another man crush despite almost scarring me when he fouled Pierce. Salmons is choking Ray Allen style, Hinrich... ugh, though he was serviceable today and Gordon is up and down, but makes the big shots. Great game though. A superstar finally reborn in Derrick Rose.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Did I have to use green? I'm a huge fan of Rose, and despise Beasley. That was as pumped up about a Bulls win as I can ever recall. Vin Del Negro was cracking me up.

:lolhitting you never know with you. LOL sorry

... Lebron James with a crazy buzzer beater

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
I love Derrick Rose. I love Tyrus Thomas. Mr. Noah is quickly becomming another man crush despite almost scarring me when he fouled Pierce. Salmons is choking Ray Allen style, Hinrich... ugh, though he was serviceable today and Gordon is up and down, but makes the big shots. Great game though. A superstar finally reborn in Derrick Rose.

Stop yourself for a second there mister. You can love Tyrus, but you can only love Noah on select games. Watch him mail it in on Monday.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)
Stop yourself for a second there mister. You can love Tyrus, but you can only love Noah on select games. Watch him mail it in on Monday.

It's funny because I didn't like Noah at all when he was drafted and was really not a fan of his. Not to mention he was not in shape in the beginning of the season, (who NVL.. RIP.. quickly ripped him on) but he has really worked on his game to become a player. Tyrus I was always a HUGE fan of. But I tell ya what.... Noah is getting there.. well... in the fan category (man crush might never be for him :P)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 03:58 PM)

Say what you want about Noah, but I don't think he is the type to ever "mail it in". He'll go balls to the wall buzzer to buzzer.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
I was screaming everytime Tyrus took a shot....then followed by laughter.

Yeah, his shot has gotten better but he was taking deep jumpers. Just odd that they kept going in.

As for the Noah talk, I really liked what I saw sans 2 dumb fouls and not pulling the board that Rondo grabbed at the end of regulation.