Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
Yeah, his shot has gotten better but he was taking deep jumpers. Just odd that they kept going in.

It's not the greatest shot in the world for him to be taking, but it's becoming a more effective part of his game.

If he can add a bit of a driving ability or a bit of a post-up ability to that, so that the guy guarding him has to play him high and low, and he can either beat the guy guarding him off the dribble or take the shot if the guy backs off, then that jumper's going to be a solid weapon.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)
It's not the greatest shot in the world for him to be taking, but it's becoming a more effective part of his game.

If he can add a bit of a driving ability or a bit of a post-up ability to that, so that the guy guarding him has to play him high and low, and he can either beat the guy guarding him off the dribble or take the shot if the guy backs off, then that jumper's going to be a solid weapon.

I wouldn't call him a solid dribbler or a slasher by any means, but I think it's fair to say his ballhandling is improved quite a bit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
Say what you want about Noah, but I don't think he is the type to ever "mail it in". He'll go balls to the wall buzzer to buzzer.

That doesn't mean that he'll be any good. I know Joakim tries hard, but he's just not all that good of a basketball player.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
That doesn't mean that he'll be any good. I know Joakim tries hard, but he's just not all that good of a basketball player.

If he gets 12+ rebounds, I am fine. He has obviously improved the past few months.

Boston doesn't have any effective big men. Noah and Miller should rebound all series like they did today.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
If he gets 12+ rebounds, I am fine. He has obviously improved the past few months.

Boston doesn't have any effective big men. Noah and Miller should rebound all series like they did today.

Davis did almost have 20 points today though. I don't expect that to go on. Hopefully, Miller shoots better on Monday.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)
The goat of the game would have been Salmons if the Bulls lost. He was horrible in the 2nd half.

If we had an actual healthy Luol Deng, even the crappy version of him we had earlier this season, I doubt Salmons would be playing right now. Or maybe he would be playing after having rested his injury down the stretch.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
I watched Jordan. That was the most incredible basketball game i've ever seen.

Edit: Said in the heat of the moment. Not for real, but top ten

Ok,you edited your post,I grew up watching MJ and I was gonna rip into u

you.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
Ok,you edited your post,I grew up watching MJ and I was gonna rip into u

you.

Thanks for holding off. :P I lived and loved the Jordan era too, and got pretty depressed when things got hopeless for a while. You can imagine how excited I got today, and I’m sad to say my blatant fanboy nature briefly took hold. Very unprofessional of me, I’m sorry. Still great performance by the kid, and while it has nothing on some of Jordan's Utah, New York, and Boston games it was still a sight to see.

Just got back from ESPN Zone (spent the whole day there). I won't even mention Rose's performance. No need to. I was most impressed by Noah (and he got all ball on that 'foul' called on Pierce at the end of regulation) and our perimeter D. With KG out, there's no reason the Bulls shouldn't control the paint this series. And that's exactly what Noah did today with his rebounding/shotblocking. When you can hold Pierce/Allen to 9/33 shooting, your perimeter D is getting the job done.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 18, 2009 -> 11:14 PM)
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs...st1hp0040800111

Watch the replay of the end of the first half (the play starts around :48 of the video). The clock starts a hair late when Gordon gets the ball, but the interesting thing is that the clock freezes at 1.2 seconds, which gives Miller time to get the shot off. What's with that?

I know the refs reviewed that play at halftime, but I never heard an explanation on why the play stood. Worked in our favor I guess, so I'll take it.

Derrick was unstoppable, a performance for the ages. And Tyrus really showed just how much that jumper has improved this season. I groaned when he'd take that shot earlier in the season, but he showed that that is now a respectable part of his offense. Noah delivered one of his best performances as a pro.

Going forward, Miller and especially Hinrich have to do more offensively. You can't expect Derrick to drop 36 every game in this series (though I think he will put up at least 20 in every game), we all know Salmons isn't 100%, Tim Thomas was just chucking. I expect there to be slack going forward in comparison to this performance, and they need to help pick it up.

We can win this series, but the Bulls had better expect and prepare for an improved effort by the C's. We may have drawn first blood, but it's gonna take a lot more to put them away.