Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

Some of those offensive rebounds were just long rebounds off of long misses that turned into 50/50's.

The Bullies were great tonight, however, I don't want to see Brad Miller put the ball on the floor every other play and get it stripped in G3. That was a failure by the coaching staff to not adjust to that.

Rose didn't need the screen in the 2nd half as Rondo hobbled around...all the screener did was clog it up and get in the way.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
Noah and Miller were worthless.

Noah more so. He can't put back missed jumpers from blank range. And when he sees it rattling out, he's staring at it while the Celtics big men box him out. Absof***inglutely ridiculous.

That missed rebound with about 30 seconds left was the game. They let Perkins tip it. Ugh, I'm sitting here thinking what it could have been had we gotten that board.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
This game was lost on the 32 second chance points the C's got.

Definitely... But I'm not even mad at the Bulls for all the Offensive Rebounds the Celtic's got b/c I can't even count how many were bricks or took some ridiculous bounce and went to a Celtic's player, even when we had guys in better position.

Oh, and f*** Celtics fans. I want nothing more than them to lose so f***ing bad, so Noah can talk some s*** after this series. Btw, he got the shaft on that technical big time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
Don't look now, but Ray Allen's found his shot again.

He hurt, but not enough that we were still out of the game.

We just didn't rebound, granted there were some crummy fouls, comes down to boards.

Noahs missed shot at end was bad too, shoulda dunked it.

Gotta feel confident about that short 2 game skid in Boston, wanted at least one win out in Boston, they play solid home basketball. We should be fine imo, were better at home and should make a better effort on the boards.

Boston isn't the road team they were last year.

RED OUT!!!

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)
you obviously didn't watch the game.

I think he meant in the final minute, but yeah...they played well enough for the Bullies to win tonight.

Gotta hand it to Ray for nailing every big 3 at the end of the game. The Bulls lost this game when they were up 5 with two and a half minutes to go and couldn't put it away.

QUOTE (rockren @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
I think he meant in the final minute, but yeah...they played well enough for the Bullies to win tonight.

Gotta hand it to Ray for nailing every big 3 at the end of the game. The Bulls lost this game when they were up 5 with two and a half minutes to go and couldn't put it away.

Miller's turnover really sucked, and we didn't let Rose do his thing. You've got to isolate him with a minute left with the lead, run the clock, and let him take it to the hole. At worst, he draws a foul.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
Miller's turnover really sucked, and we didn't let Rose do his thing. You've got to isolate him with a minute left with the lead, run the clock, and let him take it to the hole. At worst, he draws a foul.

Agreed...he didn't need the screener to blow by Rondo.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
At worst, he draws a foul.

I don't know about that. There have been numerous times all season where he has been clearly fouled driving to the hoop but doesnt get the call. Combine that with the game being in Boston and him getting a call even if he is fouled isnt guaranteed.

Once he does get those calls though, he is going to be unstoppable.

I hate Ray Allen.

QUOTE (ChiSox @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
I don't know about that. There have been numerous times all season where he has been clearly fouled driving to the hoop but doesnt get the call. Combine that with the game being in Boston and him getting a call even if he is fouled isnt guaranteed.

Once he does get those calls though, he is going to be unstoppable.

I hate Ray Allen.

That was the regular season, he got a ton of calls in Game 1. I mean, Rondo damn near had the team foul out in the 1st quarter, and we had like 20 FT's by the half.

As a Bulls' fan, tonight was really a missed opportunity. But as a fan of the game, it was a great show by both teams. This is one hell of a series.

The Bulls now have to hold serve at home. We've got to go back to Boston up 3-1 to have the best chance of pulling this series out.

Once again Del Negro shows why he should not be a head coach.

He got the free pass not having a time out in his pocket at the end of Game 1. Any head coach I've ever seen ALWAYS has a F*CKING timeout for a last second chance.

Del Negro is disinterested in putting his players in the best position to win.

Im still amazed the Ball wasnt in Gordons hands to finish the game. Mully and Hanley were saying that he subbed out during the last time out and wasnt even on the floor. I just cannot understand that at all

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)
Im still amazed the Ball wasnt in Gordons hands to finish the game. Mully and Hanley were saying that he subbed out during the last time out and wasnt even on the floor. I just cannot understand that at all

For defense I can see Ben being on the pine, but Boston actually went 3 guards with House, Allen, and Rondo, so Vinny tried to sneak Ben back in but couldn't since no time elapsed from the gameclock since he was removed. Not having a time out left for the second straight game is inexcusable for Vinny though. 2.3 seconds is ample time to get a good look if you can move the ball to half court after a timeout.

The priority was stoping the Celtics from scoring, and Ben is not their best option for that, so that part I can see.

I think there is really no way the Celtics pull this out. They have looked sluggish, disinterested, and it took everything they had to win 1 game when they should have won both. The Bulls are going to hold home court and I dont think it comes back to Chicago after game 5

Dwight Howard wins the Defensive Player of the Year.

Per ESPN: "Howard received 542 points, including 105 first-place votes from a panel of 119 writers and broadcasters. Cleveland's LeBron James was second with 148 points and Miami's Dwyane Wade finished third with 90 points."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 08:18 AM)
Once again Del Negro shows why he should not be a head coach.

He got the free pass not having a time out in his pocket at the end of Game 1. Any head coach I've ever seen ALWAYS has a F*CKING timeout for a last second chance.

Del Negro is disinterested in putting his players in the best position to win.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)
For defense I can see Ben being on the pine, but Boston actually went 3 guards with House, Allen, and Rondo, so Vinny tried to sneak Ben back in but couldn't since no time elapsed from the gameclock since he was removed. Not having a time out left for the second straight game is inexcusable for Vinny though. 2.3 seconds is ample time to get a good look if you can move the ball to half court after a timeout.

The priority was stoping the Celtics from scoring, and Ben is not their best option for that, so that part I can see.

Can you argue with the timeouts he used? No, you can't. One was to draw a play to get the ball to Gordon to tie the game and it worked, though one could argue how good the actual play was once Gordon got the ball. Another one was to stop the bleeding after a Celtics 9-0 run IIRC. It's better to go out with no timeouts left than to have timeouts at the end of the game and lose IMO. That means you exhausted all possibilities.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
Can you argue with the timeouts he used? No, you can't. One was to draw a play to get the ball to Gordon to tie the game and it worked, though one could argue how good the actual play was once Gordon got the ball. Another one was to stop the bleeding after a Celtics 9-0 run IIRC. It's better to go out with no timeouts left than to have timeouts at the end of the game and lose IMO. That means you exhausted all possibilities.

Thats the point though, all his "plays" were to pass the ball to Ben Gordon, our players could have figured that out by themselves, id hope. I was pretty much telling everyone I cant believe Vinny wasted our last timeout so early and its going to cost us, and than ofcourse thats exactly what happens. Not to take away from Ray Allen's shot or anything which was great itself.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Thats the point though, all his "plays" were to pass the ball to Ben Gordon, our players could have figured that out by themselves, id hope. I was pretty much telling everyone I cant believe Vinny wasted our last timeout so early and its going to cost us, and than ofcourse thats exactly what happens. Not to take away from Ray Allen's shot or anything which was great itself.

Eh, but finding a way to get Gordon the ball in itself, even after the timeout was pretty difficult. They were double-teaming him the whole way. Rose, if he drove, was not going to get a foul call all game. I'm sure you don't want Noah or Thomas or Miller taking a shot like that unless it's an open dunk. And Salmons has been cold for two games now. If you pass to him, you probably aren't getting it back. Again, I think VDN did a good job with that timeout, making sure Gordon was going to get the ball no matter what.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
After Miller turned it over and Rondo scored the break away layup, I don't think a time out was vital. The play for Gordon seemed like a normal set to shake him "semi" open. They were getting him the rock consistantly even after the Celts focused on preventing him shots. Two games in a row without a timeout is a mistake by Vinny. It was a nip and tuck game and time outs in the last couple of seconds to move the ball to half court is something all NBA coaches have to keep in mind.

If he thought it was more important to burn them when he did more power to him, but they could have played through a few. Then again, it may mushroom on the young ballclub and the Celts make a run on them. That's why he's paided to make those calls. I would have preferred to have them when needed for the last possesion.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

Per ESPN

Report: Rose named Top Rookie

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose has been named the NBA's Rookie of the Year, the Chicago Tribune reported Wednesday.

The team is holding a news conference at 3 p.m. ET, at which it's expected the point guard, a Chicago native, will officially receive the award.

Rose averaged 16.8 points per game, second to the Memphis Grizzlies' O.J. Mayo among rookies. Rose led all rookies in assists with 6.3 per game and was second in minutes played with 37 per game.

Rose joins Michael Jordan and Elton Brand among Bulls named rookie of the year. Brand shared the 1999-2000 award with Steve Francis; Jordan was rookie of the year in 1984-85.

Rose is the fourth player since 1990 to be named the league's top rookie and lead his team to the playoffs. The others are Tim Duncan in 1997-98 with the San Antonio Spurs, Chris Webber in 1993-94 with the Golden State Warriors and David Robinson in 1989-90 with the Spurs.