Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
I guess there are updated quotes on the Curry story. lol

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketba...ver_claims.html

Personally I wouldnt doubt Curry cheating on his wife, he is a multi-million dollar athlete, but I think the guy is full of s*** and just wants to make a quick buck.

Gordon sounds iffy for tonight - update from KC

Ben Gordon has played in all 82 games three times in his five NBA seasons, including this one, so the sobering account the tough guard gave on his strained left hamstring following Tuesday's morning shootaround at Emerson College is no idle chatter.

"Not good," Gordon said, when asked how the injury felt. "It didn't get worse, but it doesn't feel any better."

Gordon didn't participate in the shootaround and said he's been icing the injury and using electrical stimulation to try to get the hamstring to respond. He will test what he said is a Grade 2 strained hamstring before Game 5.

"It's my call, but I have to go off how it feels," Gordon said. "It doesn't feel good. Hopefully I can play. If not, we have Game 6 at home (Thursday)."

Gordon suffered the injury during the second quarter of Sunday's double-overtime victory. He played close to 33 minutes following the injury but needed a painkilling shot at halftime to do so.

"Maybe some of the pain and swelling wasn't there then," Gordon said. "The swelling got a lot worse. I'm hoping for a miracle."

Coach Vinny Del Negro said Kirk Hinrich would start for Gordon if he can't play.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 12:50 PM)
Noah is so underrated around these parts. I hope he remains a Bull for a long time.

he still annoys the s*** out of me though. I'm glad his production is finally making me shut up, but I STILL hate that draft pick.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
he still annoys the s*** out of me though. I'm glad his production is finally making me shut up, but I STILL hate that draft pick.

I'll take that with a grain of salt. Noah is a Gator and you are a buckeye fan.

Gordo will start.

Despite a grade-two hamstring pull (grade-three being the worst), Bulls guard Ben Gordon will start tonight coach Vinny Del Negro said.

"He's going to try to play," Del Negro said. "It loosened up a bit and we're going to give it a try."

Del Negro said Gordon will start so his hamstring can still be loose after pre-game warm-ups. It's also a wise decision considering TD Banknorth Garden is one of the colder arenas I've been in this season.

"We'll have heat packs and bike so he can pedal and stay warm," Del Negro said. "We'll be monitoring it."

Gordon emerged from the Bulls locker room at 5:28 p.m. ET, headed for the floor and reporters fell in line like ducklings behind him. Gordon sat down, slipped a neoprene sleeve over his left thigh and gingerly went to work. He made his first seven shots before missing one from the left baseline from about 17-feet before working his way "around the world" from that distance.

He then stepped back behind the 3-point line and launched shots, leaving his feet a bit each time. Gordon then jogged and dribbled, doing a couple crossovers and trying to switch directions. After conferring with Bulls head athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi at half court, Gordon shot free throws before heading into the locker room around 5:55.

Back in the locker room, Gordon said his hamstring felt the same as this morning, when he said it didn't feel any worse, but it didn't feel any better either. Gordon noted that changing directions on the crossovers gave him the most problems.

"It felt all right, it was painful," Gordon said, "but it wasn't really game-speed. I don't know. It felt all right."

And that's the biggest question: how will Gordon's hamstring respond at game speed? The Celtics and Bulls both intend to find out.